Early Career Mechanical Engineer - Kiewit Industrial Engineering
Date: Sep 12, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 82343
Kiewit Industrial Engineering (K-IND) is seeking an Early Career Mechanical Engineer in the Lenexa, Kansas office. We are looking for Ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success. Candidates shall be familiar with current drawing and technical tools, programs, and software with an understanding of design documentation creation and layouts. Candidates shall be capable of exhibiting flexibility in work assignments while maintaining a growth mindset and continuing to develop in their technical and professional career.
- Assist in the design of various mechanical systems typical for food and beverage, bulk solids material handling, and other industrial facilities including, but not limited to, process piping, bulk solids material handling, conveying systems, dust collection, and general plant/facility water, compressed air, and gas systems.
- Prepare design calculations and equipment specifications for typical food and beverage, material handling, and other industrial facilities including, but not limited to, bulk material handling conveyors, dust collection equipment, bins/tanks, pumps, heat exchangers, boilers, and other process equipment.
- Develop and check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
- Coordinate with other design partners (both internal and external) including construction partners, equipment suppliers, and other engineers and designers assigned to the project or task and review work progress and results.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks to support project or department development.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year university.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred
- Proficient in basic computing programs including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Preferred experience utilizing AFT Fathom or AFT Arrow hydraulic simulation software (or equivalent).
- 0 to 4 years of industry related engineering experience.
- Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
- Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulics, Engineer, Industrial, Engineering, Manufacturing