Senior Engineering Drafting Technician
- 28 days ago
Who We Are
Since 1972, Kier & Wright has provided both private and public sector clients with engineering and surveying work that is efficient, cost-effective and forward-thinking. We offer a full range of services to support land development and redevelopment projects throughout California. Learn more about our services at kierwright.com. EEO
A Senior Drafting Technician will be in charge of independently creating engineering design plans for public works project and land development, utilizing AutoCAD software. They will be responsible for working with an engineering design team from initial concepts to final plan production. They will also draft various sketches, plans, and exhibits using CAD. They may be in charge 1-2 direct reports.
• Carries out tasks assigned by the Project Lead and engineering team.
• Develops civil plan sets (grading, drainage, and paving) from sketches in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D grading feature lines, terrain model, earthworks, corridors, labels, etc.
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D utility pipe networks, modification of utility structures, etc.
• Determines scales, layout, and need for specific detail.
• Prepares drawings per company CAD standards and project-dependent CAD specifications.
• Manages personal time allotted to various tasks in order to meet obligations of one or more projects, including budget, quality and schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
• 10+ years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, civil engineering, and/or land development projects
• General knowledge of computers, Microsoft office, Adobe, Internet, etc.
• Knowledge of CAD Manuals/Standards
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D; ability to troubleshoot issues
• Proficient in Bluebeam
Employee Self-Management Skills
• Collaboration: Effective working relationships with management, coworkers, subordinates and clients. Mutual respect. Listening to others, adapting to changes, debating alternatives, being open-minded and producing a superior outcome as the result of effective teamwork.
• Problem Solving: The ability to develop a timely, efficient solution or alternative when a posed with a problem; thinking outside the box; paying attention to the details.
• Responsiveness/Communication: Communicating in a prompt and professional manner; providing relevant and timely information to management, coworkers, subordinates and clients in a clear, concise and direct manner.
• Self-Responsible: Taking control and accountability; not waiting for others to direct.
• Efficient: Ability to maintain focus, stay organized, manage multiple tasks and complete work within deadlines, with minimal errors in a fast-paced environment.
• Adaptable: Ability to modify practices, systems or attitudes to align with new requirements.
• Detailed understanding of Civil Engineering
• Detailed understanding of topographic and boundary surveys
• Ability to interpret and develop detailed drawings from sketches and mark-ups provided by engineers.
• Ability to complete basic calculations related to engineering drawings including areas, lengths, distances, line and curve tables, elevations, datum conversions, coordinate systems, slopes, grades, and volumes.
Physical Requirements And/or Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting (up to 8 hours a day for office staff)
• Interacting with technology (computer, cellphone, etc.)
• Ability to lift and/or carry items ( up to 20 lbs.)
• Prolonged periods of standing/walking (field checks)
• Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions (field checks)
• Occasional travel e.g. driving to offices, jobsites, client meetings, etc.
What we offer to our employees
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision 100% paid for by Kier & Wright
- 401k and profit sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO
- Great company culture
- Free office snacks
- Much more!
Kier & Wright
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?