We are looking for an educator who will lead a variety of engaging daily activities for a small pod of students at a familys home.
The teacher will have the rich opportunity to provide meaningful and fun activities for students after their scheduled school day is completed. The mission of our company is to support each child's creative, academic, and emotional potential by providing an inspired, highly-personalized, diverse learning experience in a home-based, setting. This opportunity would be ideal for a teacher seeking an opportunity to be at the forefront of an educational movement.
KidzToPros has been reimagining the essential learning experience for students in kindergarten through 12th grade for over four years. From after-school programs, summer camps and coding bootcamps, both live online and in-person, KidzToPros has taught over 1,000,000 curriculum hours of enrichment to more than 20,000 students across the U.S.
With the [advancement] of COVID-19 and status of school closings, we are working with schools, educators, and parents to ensure kids are staying current with their education and to continue providing enrichment opportunities to advance their skills in STEM, Arts and Sports. Safeguarding the health and safety of all students in our programs is a top priority. .
1. We put students first
Students deserve nothing less - and our schools and parents expect nothing less. From our instructors, to our curriculums, throughout every aspect of KidzToPros business, our goal is to ensure students are not only learning but thriving and discovering a world of opportunities.
2. We strive to close the extracurricular gap
KidzToPros values high-quality, out-of-school learning programs that provide dedicated academic enrichment, critical connections, and opportunities to children of every background
3. We hold everyone accountable in ensuring a healthy, safe and encouraging learning environment
KidzToPros maintains a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to the health and safety of children. Our instructors, teachers, coaches and staff are held accountable for providing a safe, positive environment where students are encouraged to learn and actively pursue their interests. Our technology platform allows parents and schools the ability to submit feedback on a daily basis, allowing us to consistently deliver high quality programs with top-tier instructors and coaches.
- Minimum three years experience teaching/coaching at the elementary level
- Experience facilitating a variety of active, artistic, and STEM-related activities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about whole-child development and fostering a community of learning
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, small-school environment
- Committed to reflection and life-long learning
- Curious about improving teaching practices through discovery and co-researching with children
- Capable of taking initiative, experimentation, and responsive and thoughtful action to dynamic situations
- Comfortable partnering closely with parents who care deeply about their childrens growth
- Prefered language skill - Spanish & English
- Facilitate active, creative, and Sports, Arts or STEM-focused activities with a small pod of students daily
- Implement classroom management strategies that draw on childrens strengths and participation
- Make learning visible to students and, parents, and the community with documentation
- Write weekly narrative assessment reports for parents and KidzToPros administration
- Participate in parent communication which may include, but is not limited to, daily or weekly snapshots, portfolios, progress reports, emailing, and texting
- Attend weekly meetings
- Participate in professional development as assigned
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and welcoming classroom environment
Job Type: Full-time and Part time positions available
School Year: August 2020-June 2021
Salary: $30 - $40/hr
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment when in close contact with the students, accept and administer daily temperature checks, and observe strict hand hygiene
- Proportionate to the severity of the pandemic in the region, you will be asked to minimize (and report) social contact in order to reduce likelihood of exposure to infected persons.
- Teaching/Coaching: Minimum 1 years
- One homelocation, or possibly a rotation of homes, as coordinated with families
Paid training will be provided
PPE gear will be provided
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and education
- Part-time 2pm-6pm Monday-Friday, with some additional hours to meet requirements listed above
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your resume and a cover letter specifying how your experience and education meets the qualifications above.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email to arrange an interview.