Senior Audio/ Video Backend Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
KidsLoop is an award-winning global EdTech, loved by millions of users and focused on building engaging and interactive apps, content and platforms that unleash personalized learning experiences.
As one of the fastest growing companies of its kind, and now valued at over 1bn USD, we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us build a brighter future for children of today, who will have the greatest impact on our world tomorrow.
With offices around the world, from Seoul to London, Hong Kong, Pakistan to Vietnam and Indonesia; we’re a global operation. And we’re continuing to accelerate our business by working with people who are bold enough to challenge the conventions of education and harness innovation.
Purpose of the role
As a Senior Engineer working in the KidsLoop Live Audio/Video Backend, you be part of the team developing, improving, and maintaining the Auditory and Visual experience of KidsLoop Live. You will work with the Tech Lead to spearhead new initiatives, such as performance optimizations, new product developments, and quality enhancements.
As a Senior Engineer, you will also be involved in implementing and upholding testing, documentation, and communication with stakeholders.
- Communicate with Tech Lead regarding project requirements, asking many questions and clarifying details to ensure clear reception of instructions
- Implementing changes to the KidsLoop Live Audio/Video platform
- Documenting and testing changes made to the KidsLoop Live Audio/Video platform
- Supporting Junior Engineers in your role, via pair programming, code review, and exposure to industry best practices and standards
- Communicate any ethical or security concerns to the relevant departments
- Assess the impact of your work from both a financial and technical perspective
- Stay up to date on the latest tools and technologies in the industry
- Be prepared to explain your decisions and their impact to non-technical employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science,
- Must have strong experience in a professional programming environment as a programmer for at least 3 years
- Proficient in Node.JS, Typescript, Asynchronous, Concurrent, and Parallel Programming
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skill
- Ability to read technical documentation and adapt to new technologies
- Successful start-up experience preferred
- Experience using Rust/C/C++
- Familiarity with WebRTC Protocols and Codecs
- Familiarity with React and frontend Typescript development
- Familiarity with WebAssembly
Compensation and benefits
- Flexible work environment (Flex-time work, Remote work)
- Short-term Incentive based on yearly performance
- Long-term Incentive (Share options)
- Relocation to Korea available (Relocation bonus, Housing loan, Work visa permit)
- CV Screening → Coding Tests → Interviews → Offer
- Must Submit: English Resume/CV (PDF File)
If you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children, parents and teachers; we want to hear from you. Together, we’ll create a personalized learning path that’s unique for every student.
For more details on how we’re building 'Education for Tomorrow' and to learn more about working with outstanding colleagues in a flexible working environment, please visit our website [www.kidsloop.net]
TechnologyView all jobs at KidsLoop