- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
KidsCare Home Health is an ethical, therapist owned and operated home health company. We are seeking to immediately hire an Occupational Therapist. KidsCare provides therapy services to children with special needs in the comfort of their own homes. If you have a passion for working with pediatrics and making a difference in your community, while enjoying work-life balance, KidsCare is the place for you!
Our leadership team recognizes the hard work and dedication of our therapists by promoting from within and by adding leadership roles that come with minimal stress levels. We have also redesigned our mentorship programs so that everyone gets the guidance they desire; your success is our focus!
At KidsCare we desire to work with individuals who embody the values of the organization which together create our C.A.R.E. culture. In return we offer a full benefits package to include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid time off, 401K, professional development funds and tuition reimbursement.
What Sets Us Apart:?
- Therapist Owned/Operated – We understand your challenges?firsthand.
- Ethically Centered – Our?clients and therapists are our top priority.
- Work Life Balance – Choose your caseload size based on your lifestyle needs.
- Create Your Own Schedule – Choose patients and treatment times.
The Occupational Therapist will evaluate, organize, and conduct medically prescribed occupational therapy for pediatric patients within the home health setting. They will direct the patient and the caregiver in selected tasks to restore, reinforce and/or enhance performance. TheEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine, evaluate, and administer remedial treatments for pediatric patients.
- Provide clinical treatment to patients including screenings, evaluations, direct treatment, and family/caregiver training and counseling regarding status, progress, goals, home programming and discharge planning.
- Coordinate patient care with office staff and other disciplines.
- Maintain appropriate communication with the pediatric patient and family regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- Refer patients and family members to appropriate services including other professionals, agencies, and resources as appropriate.
- Consult with physician on patient progress and maintains appropriate records.
- Maintain supplies and equipment.
- Present at internal and external public education functions which may include periodic in-service presentations.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Attend Continuing Education activities and expand scope of service.
- Maintain adequate caseload with appropriate productivity.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve company and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with others through knowledge and skills sharing.
- Participate in the mentoring of students and new hires.
- Participate in professional organizations and acitivities.
- Demonstrate initiative and independent judgment in performing all job responsibilities.
- Serve as the backup service provider for other caseloads as needed.
- Comply with all company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required.
- Current state-issued professional licensure.
- Valid state driver license.
- CPR certified.
- Pediatric clinical experience preferred.
- Home health experience preferred.
Other Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to read and write in simple correspondence with effective public speaking in small groups.
- Excellent critical thinking and critical thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret instruction with the ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, record keeping and routine database activity.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Spends one-third to two-thirds of time in standing, walking, reaching sitting kneeling, and crawling activities.
- Over two-thirds of time is spent using hands, fingers, and will handle, feel, talk, and hear.
- Diverse indoor residential or childcare setting.
- Moderate physical activity performing strenuous activities of a therapy nature.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KidsCare Home HealthLeesburg, VA
HealthcareView All KidsCare Home Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.