Day Camp Division Leader (Bronx, Manhattan or Brooklyn)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE
Kids in the Game is dedicated to providing positive opportunities and experiences through sports and creative play. Every summer, we serve over a thousand NYC children through our summer day camps, which combine sports instruction with creative movement, arts and STEM enrichment, field trips, swimming, and more. We're committed to being the best part of every kid's summer! Our team is a youthful bunch and we want to make sure every summer is filled with happiness, relationship building, safe spaces to be yourself and most importantly FUN!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Kids in the Game is looking Group Division Leaders that will work closely with the Camp Director and Assistant Directors to make the 2023 summer the best one ever. Will you be tying shoes, putting on sunscreen, answering a million little one’s questions? Absolutely. But you will also be going on field trips, playing sports, and changing kids’ lives all day long and there is nothing better than that. Most importantly you will be providing a supportive, safe, and fun environment for the youth of New York City to grow and learn while experiencing the non-stop fun of Summer Camp!
The Division Leader is energetic and will oversee up to 3-4 groups of campers (10-15 campers per group) along with approximately 6-8 counselors.
- Commitment to at least 3 days of training leading up to the first week of camp; Dates TBD but likely Saturdays before camp begins
- Inform Director of camper/staff problems which impact on the health or safety of any Kids in the Game camper. No issue or concern is too small to share!
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues
- Engage with campers, keeping daily notes and handling any camper issues within your division.
- Work to reduce conflict among campers, create a team-friendly environment with positivity.
- Collaborate with Camp Director and Associate Director to train and evaluate Head, General, and Junior Counselors.
- Demonstrate organizational skills: lesson planning, timelines, meet deadlines, following schedules and set goals.
- Hold weekly division meetings with counselors to go over the weekly schedule, field trips and other group needs.
- Assist Camp Director and Associate Director in any special event planning and execution for your division.
- Plan and execute the activities in coordination with the program staff and supervisors
- Act as a primary supervisor along with the Assistant Director of Field Trips on off-site trips.
- Attend staff outings to take a break and enjoy time with coworkers outside of camp
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU
Our ideal candidate would meet some or all of the following qualifications:
- A candidate who is truly Amazing with children!
- Being DOE or DOH fingerprinted is a plus
- Up to date Physical and TB test documentation will be required before starting
- Possessing knowledge of another language on top of English is a plus
- You must pass a NY State run background check
- Being CPR, First Aid and AED certified is a plus
- Possess at least 2+ years of experience working with campers required; experience leading recreation programs/activities; experience leading groups of varying sizes
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, participants, parents and caregivers
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with participants, families and caregivers, both verbally and non-verbally
- Demonstrates practical problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kids in the Game, you can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We value the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for all of our interns and employees. We recruit candidates from across the city, state, and country, from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We have developed partnerships with organizations that allow us to target our hiring practices to include chronically discriminated against or low-income groups, and improve their access to high-quality employment opportunities.
- Pre Summer Expectations - Camp Team Meetings starting in May, trainings starting mid June to the start of camp
- During Summer: Monday to Friday; 7:45am to 4:15pm
- 8 weeks - Late June to Mid August
- Riverdale - 5521 Mosholu Ave, Bronx, NY 10471
- Inwood - 108 Cooper St, New York, NY 10034
- Upper West Side - 147 W 70th St, New York, NY 10023
- Upper East Side - 4 East 90th Street, New York, NY 10128
- East Village - 44 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10003
- Park Slope - 588 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Greenpoint - 100 Dobbins St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Riverdale - 5521 Mosholu Ave, Bronx, NY 10471
Compensation: Total Summer Salary (not including training bonuses and pre summer stipend) - $4,800 to $5,600 based on experience
Kids in the Game
AddressNew York, NY
Sports and Recreation
Get fresh Summer Counselor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.