Floating School Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kids Unlimited Academy is dedicated to creating an educational environment that builds bridges between our children and the future. The vision of KUA is to be a "beacon of hope" that creates future leaders. The adults who work for KUA know that whatever the job title, our sole purpose is to support the education of our children in a safe, nurturing high expectations and no excuses environment.
KUA elementary teachers will have a working knowledge of best practices in the area of classroom engagement, curriculum design and differentiating instruction both academically and socio emotionally. There are two classes per grade with class sizes capped at 26. KUA elementary teachers will work collaboratively with the other KUA teacher in their respective grade group to discover new and engaging avenues to engage students and successfully address learning gaps. The KUA teachers will apply best Professional Learning Community practices as he/she responds effectively to student data with Title I instructor, ELL teacher, and fellow grade group teachers responding to data. During student contact time, all KUA students attend PE daily, providing the teachers a 45 minute prep every day and 2 days a week, 90 minutes of prep. Teacher work hours are an 8 hour day with a 30 minute lunch.
- Bilingual Educators preferred, but not required;
- Valid Oregon Teaching License or an action plan to gain a valid Oregon Teaching License prior to July 26, 2021
- A commitment to working with under-resourced youth;
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the idea that with the right support and best teaching practices, all students can achieve at the highest levels, regardless of their circumstances or environment;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work; and
- A commitment to attaining both personal and collective goals to ensure the success of all students
Kids Unlimited Academy Environment:
- Kids Unlimited Academy curriculum also includes two hours of enrichment programming which includes science, PE, music and art;
- Kids Unlimited Academy provides an extended day, extended year program, bringing students approximately 30% more instructional time than the local district's schools;
- Every day students will receive 90 minutes of instruction in both reading and math;
- Teachers will have common planning time a minimum of three days each week to collaborate with their grade partner teacher to analyze data and develop a strategy to increase successful student outcomes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance, paid time off, extended sick leave, and 401k;
- Professional development each summer;
- Daily collaboration with colleagues who are all 100% dedicated to the success of every child;
- Opportunity to make a profound impact in the lives of children, and be a part of an exciting change in the educational landscape of Southern Oregon.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,248.00 - $62,153.00 per year
EducationView all jobs at Kids Unlimited