- Posted: 6 days ago
Kids Unlimited is expanding and actively looking for a Classroom Assistant with a desire to better our community!
These unique positions allow for you to work with a diverse community of children, parents, and fellow staff members!
$16.72 - $17.22 to start DOE
Full time with full benefits package including 90% employer paid family health coverage!
Kids Unlimited was founded in 1998 as a grassroots pilot program at a low income elementary school to do one thing, empower kids to believe. The belief that all kids, despite their backgrounds and economic limitations deserved accessibility to opportunities. Driven by the belief that through education, we could empower children and their families, Kids Unlimited became a conduit to hope and today our mission has become a community norm.
Based on school or student needs assist teachers in the classroom, recess duty, and lunch duty as necessary. Supervises students throughout school site and performs routine office functions as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of KUA's structure and routines.
- Maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries and awareness in regards to residents, families, co-workers, and community resources.
- Consistently role model appropriate and expected behaviors, emotions, and communication skills, i.e., greetings, anger management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
- Utilize verbal de-escalation skills and techniques during crisis interventions.
- Utilize Kids Unlimited Academy policies when responding to emergencies.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, program development meetings, trainings, and staff retreats.
- Promote effective teamwork, cooperation and communication among staff and student personnel.
- Participate in Kids Unlimited events like open house, orientation and training sessions to increase professional ability.
- Maintain a safe environment by reporting facility safety concerns to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrate a high degree of skill in communication and positive interaction with all employees, prospective employees, external agencies/companies, and the Kids Unlimited community at large.
- Assists teacher in instructional setting.
- Assists students and teachers with various literacy activities designed to increase student performance in English (reading, writing, spelling and speaking) and mathematics.
- Prepares assignments, organizes and manages student work and progress binders under teacher direction.
- Implements planned activities using teacher designed methods and materials for individual and small student groups for instructional support.
- Prepares instructional materials using various office equipment, resource materials and AV equipment
- Delivers Early Reading and/or Math Intervention curriculum to targeted small groups.
- Reads to students in one-on-one situations or in small groups.
- Assesses and reports students' progress.
- Compiles student data and enters the information into the computer.
- Supervises and ensures student safety in a variety of indoor and outdoor student activities including cafeteria, bus loading and unloading, field trips, hallways and other areas where students gather.
- Maintain a safe environment for students at all times and reports concerns to the school administrator.
- May assist in office as needed regarding Parent Involvement activities, answering multi-line telephone system, take accurate messages, routing telephone calls and/or messages to the appropriate staff member, assisting students, parents, and patrons.
- Maintains competency in all position responsibilities.
- Complies with all safety and work rules, policies and procedures.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as appropriate with little or no supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Full-Year Position
AddressWhite City, OR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?