Lead Toddler Teacher
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Blue Valley Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Blue Valley provides a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Our school, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is a place for children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. As a family-owned and operated school, we welcome positive family involvement and encourage a parent-teacher approach where the needs of every child come first!
We invite you to explore the opportunity of joining our team in providing the highest quality child care and early childhood education in the Overland Park area. We are currently accepting applications for full-time Lead Toddler Teachers. The ideal candidate will meet and exceed all Kansas Child Care licensing requirements, possess a high level of professionalism, have a true passion for children, and a desire for long-term employment with a rapidly growing company.
*$300 SIGNING BONUS for qualifying employees*
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program
- 401(k) plan with match
- Generous paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training hours
- Child care discount
- Plans and consistently implements the curriculum activities that promote the children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
- Helps children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Recognizes and considers the background, special needs, interests, learning style, and pace of each child.
- Keeps accurate, current records of each child’s developmental milestones and progress.
- Creates a developmentally appropriate environment consistent with the company’s philosophy and goals including the implementation of the Kids R Kids proprietary early learning curriculum.
- Establishes developmentally appropriate room arrangement, evidence of Family Information Board, curriculum related bulletin boards, and learning environment in the classroom as outlined in the Kids R Kids curriculum.
Health & Safety:
- Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy, nurturing learning environment. Strives to prevent injuries. Handles emergencies, accidents, and injuries appropriately.
- Understands and implements all current state and local regulations.
- Understands and implements emergency procedures in case of emergency situations. Can administer CPR/First Aid, including lifting and carrying injured children. Uses proper lifting procedures and seeks assistance if necessary.
- Participates in emergency and evacuation drills to promote safety of children in their care.
- Maintains educational materials and equipment by keeping a well-organized and safe classroom.
- Immediately notifies Director of needed repairs in the classroom, in the building, and on the playground to equipment and toys.
- Observes, records, and reports to the Director any significant individual or group behavior that might affect the well-being of children enrolled at the Learning Academy.
Relationships with Families:
- Maintains professional conduct when working with parents, staff, and visitors.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Provides timely written/digital communication to parents.
- Must be able to react quickly with sound judgment and problem-solving skills to complex and critical situations, such as injuries and accidents.
- Must use excellent verbal and written communication skills with parents, children, and staff.
- Must be capable of lifting, carrying, and holding children in accordance with state/local requirements.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with children in the classroom and on the playground (run, jump, demonstrate physical exercises).
- Provides excellent customer service to families helping to ensure continued enrollment at the Learning Academy.
- Treats each child with kindness, dignity, and respect. Uses positive guidance techniques consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Creates a positive, structured, and safe classroom environment.
- Regularly reports to work on time to provide students with consistent classroom procedures.
- Participates in all staff training sessions, meetings, and programs as requested by the Learning Academy.
- Meets or exceeds annual training requirements of local regulatory agencies and Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Blue Valley
7489 W 161st St. Overland ParkOverland Park, KS