Kids 'R' Kids Landstar - Orlando, FL Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
A Preschool Academy Of Professionals. We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Teacher! We are a locally owned and operated preschool of academic excellence, not a daycare. We utilize a standards driven, year-round curriculum that is designed and updated quarterly by professional child care educators exclusively for our program. Academic objectives are cross-referenced to reflect National and Florida standards.
We are looking for a candidate that will provide professional leadership, management, and administrative skills to manage and direct the preschool. Must be proficient in establishing and maintaining the highest quality standards in accordance with all the regulating agencies.
What We Offer:
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Pay
- Tuition Paid For
- 401k with Company Match!
- Great Company and location culture - we love coming to work every day!
The Assistant Teacher will aide and assist the lead classroom teacher in all tasks and duties, including providing education and care throughout the day. The assistant teacher will engage in developmentally appropriate activities for the children and assist in teaching and actively enable learning in the classroom.
Responsibilities of a Lead Teacher include:
- Establishing learning objectives that are consistent with the Center’s philosophy
- Including play, learning, the arts and nurturing as primary components in a curriculum
- Arranging attractive bulletin boards monthly Preparing projects and activities that reinforce themes and extended learning
- Working cooperatively with a teacher’s aide in developing and implementing a program.
- Attending all staff meetings and in-service workshops, meeting on occasion with the director to review objectives, plans and evaluations
- Planning an annual conference with a parent and filling out a developmental checklist on children’s progress
- Planning at least one classroom event per semester for parents to share with their children
- Review children’s records periodically, update as needed
- Being attentive to health, sanitation, nutrition and safety at all times
- Recording information pertinent to a child’s development or any injuries, unusual occurrences or behavioral changes in the child’s log in childcare management system
- Maintaining a neat, orderly and attractive classroom
- Being responsible to adequately utilize teacher’s aides, assigning or delegating responsibilities and tasks, making sure everyone’s time is spent as wisely as possible and the children’s care is never compromised.
Qualifications a lead teacher must meet or be willing to meet: (Be prepared to provide records of any of the following upon request. It would be helpful (but not necessary) if you have copies of any of these records available at the interview.)
Must have 45 hr state training or at least started it.
- An Associate’s Degree or CDA in ECE. Four Year Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
- Experience working in a child care setting. At least 2 years preferred.
- Annual child, infant & adult CPR training is required within 90 days of hire by daycare licensing law. Current certification cards must submitted at the time of hire or enrollment in a class must be arranged. CPR & first aid certification must be kept up to date.
- Has never been convicted of child abuse or neglect, or a felony involving harm to an individual
- Certain skills and qualities are essential in order to provide the best possible care for the children. Our School will only consider persons for employment that possess a trustworthy and responsible character, a calm and caring personality, and have a genuine love for working with young children. They will also consider general competence, professional appearance and information obtained by their reference check and verification process.
Kids 'R' Kids Landstar - Orlando, FL
EducationView all jobs at Kids 'R' Kids Landstar - Orlando, FL