Kids Orbit, an after school program with locations throughout Brooklyn, is interviewing for RECESS (lunch time) & AFTER SCHOOL staff.
We are looking for counselors for our lunch time recess & after school programs. Positions to be filled in late August, to start in September. This is an ideal position for high school and college students looking to work with children and build their resumes. If you are a studying to become a teacher, youth worker, social worker or are a student who enjoys working with children and wants to make a difference, this is the job for you!
- Enjoy spending time with kids & other youth professionals.
- Enjoy recreational activities, especially outdoor and physical activities (games & sports)
- At minimum high school senior or enrolled in college; must be at least 17 years old to apply
- Previous job experience with elementary school-age children (3.5 - 11 yrs old); after school or camp experience is preferred
Ideal candidates will be interactive, engaging, and dynamic. Throughout the day, you will be engaged in building positive relationships, teaching new skills, leading group games & sports, developing creative talents, and enriching our students day school learning.
- Season runs 10 months following the NYC Public School calendar, running from September 9, 2019 to late June 2020.
- Hours are Monday through Friday
- Recess hours occur flexibly between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- After School hours 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- You must be available to work at least 3 days a week for the rest of the school year.
- Salary to be discussed, based on experience starting @ $15.00/hr.
To apply, please visit our website www.kidsorbit.org and submit an online application. Please, no phone calls.