Kids Kollege Preschool is hiring a lead teacher to enhance our nurturing, responsive, and emergent learning environment!
Kids Kollege is a creative, play-based preschool that provides high quality care and education to children ages 2-5. We have been serving families in the Outer Sunset community of San Francisco since 1989.
We believe that each child has the right to a safe, nurturing, responsive, and enriching environment in which to grow, learn, and build relationships. We view children as competent explorers and encourage them to express themselves, problem solve, think critically, be creative, practice compassion, exercise mindfulness, and build self-esteem. We strive to be a community where each child and family is included, valued, and represented, and where each participant is actively invited to voice and contribute ideas, opinions, and questions.
- Teach a class of 17 three year old children with an amazing co-teacher
- Plan classes using Creative Curriculum, a comprehensive curriculum that features exploration and discovery as a way of learning and enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills
- Prepare engaging activities designed to promote physical, social, emotional and academic development, such as art projects, games, music, storytelling, and field trips
- Openly communicate and work closely with families and staff members to encourage mutual cooperation
- Provide responsive and compassionate care, engage in thoughtful interactions, and create meaningful bonds with young children
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who:
- Has a friendly, energetic and outgoing disposition
- Loves, values, understands, and advocates for children
- Works well with others and has excellent communication skills
- Is patient, creative, professional, and takes initiative
- Has 12+ ECE units and 1+ years of experience working with children
- Has Full Time Availability (Monday-Friday 9 am- 6 pm)
Pay & Benefits
$20-22 / hour (based on experience/ education)
- Position accrues sick time (1 hour for each 30 hours worked)
- Potential for yearly stipend for training or education
- 26 Paid Holidays