- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Reward of Helping a Foster Child Is One of the Greatest Personal Accomplishments That Exists in Our Society.
Join our team and be a part of Kids Count Too, the premier foster care/ adoption agency in Ohio.
Kids Count Too, Inc. is a statewide foster care/ adoption nonprofit agency focused on providing quality services and supports to foster youth and foster/adoptive families. Our staff are highly dedicated professionals who take pride in the services that we provide to both adoptive and foster parents as well as to the children in our care. At Kids Count Too, we are dedicated to working closely with our adoptive and foster parents as a team to provide the very best care for the children.
Kids Count Too offers competitive compensation as well as a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, TelaDoc, IRA options, paid holidays, paid lunch-breaks, paid time off, paid vacation, and company cars. Kids Count Too prides itself on its positive, supportive and encouraging work environment.
Kids Count Too is adding staff and seeking applicants for our open Foster Care Licensing Specialist position based out of the Bowling Green Office. Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s Degree, LSW, the ability to complete a minimum of Assessor Tier 1 Training, and be team-oriented, possess effective communication skills, leadership skills, knowledge of child development, behavior, and discipline, and knowledge of regulations and laws applicable to private foster care/ adoption agencies. SACWIS experience is a plus.
Foster Care Licensing Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with new foster parents through pre-service training to ensure they are educated over fostering expectations
- Assist foster parents in scheduled trainings as needed
- Provide support and guidance to foster parents and assist them in completing required paperwork as needed
- Enforce compliance of foster families with Kids Count Too and ODJFS policies, procedures and rules
- Attend agency activities as requested by Administrator
- Meet with the Administrator monthly to update any important information
- Complete all duties assigned to a caseworker while maintaining a small caseload when needed
- Maintain CEU's required to keep LSW current
- Attend training sessions when needed or requested by Administrator
- Complete foster home investigations cite rule violations and implement corrective action plans when out of compliance
- Complete home studies, reviews, mid years, amendments, re-certifications and any necessary requirements related to foster homes and foster children as necessary & submit to Administrator
- Conduct ODJFS rules; KCT Policy and Procedure training for pre-service
- Meet with prospective foster parents and complete orientation meetings under the direction of the Administrative Director
- Provide backup for caseworkers (i.e. attends court, meetings, home visits case workers are unable to attend)
- Attend foster parent monthly trainings and prepare youth group activities in advance in accordance to agency policies
- Participate in the rotation of the on call phone
- Network and promote agency functions with other organizations
- Contact and track new inquiries for foster/foster to adopt families
- Attend annual MEPA training update
- Comply with all MEPA requirements set forth by the agency
- Report all MEPA concerns/violations to the Administrative Director or designee immediately
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Administrator
For more information, please visit the Kids Count Too website at www.kidscounttoo.com
Kids Count Too
AddressBowling Green, OH
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Kids Count Too