WE ARE GROWING!
Are you a quick learner, able to multi-task and have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Do you love working with children? Our growing and fast-paced pediatric practice in Dover, DE is in search of full time back office medical staff who are team players with exceptional work ethic and time management skills.
Early mornings (7:30 am), Mon-Fri evenings and Saturday morning rotation required. Ability to cover front desk as needed.
One -years MA experience in medical office required, with injection experience preferred (this does not include any CNA experience a candidate may have). Certified Medical Assistant and/or bilingual English/Spanish a plus! Must pass background check, work history verification, license check (if applicable) and drug test.
This is a non-smoking environment. No phone calls please - we will contact you if we are interested.
- Greet and room patients. Verify patient information; interview parent/guardian/patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit, document patient summary.
- Prepare patient and equipment for examination; perform preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist the physician during diagnostic procedure if applicable and when necessary.
- Administer and accurately document vaccine- immunizations.
- Verify accuracy and completion of necessary paper work/forms needed for school, daycare, sports or other outside ancillary services as requested by parent/guardian.
- Keep medical supplies including vaccines ready by inventorying stock, submitting inventory to management; verifying receipt of items ordered. Assist the nurse and Office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Cross train in other areas if required.
- Train new back office staff as needed.
- Respect and promote patient confidentiality at all times and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Serve and protect the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be professional at all times. Adhere to all applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility as need.
Job Type: Full-time
High level of professionalism.
Strong customer service skills
Inventory management experience
Excellent written , verbal communication skills, and time management.
- IM, SubQ Injections: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical assistant: 1 years (Required)
- Medical Terminology.
- Computer scales.
Job Type: Full-time