Reporting to the Head Chef, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team to assist in the overall day to day operations of all food preparation and cooking at the child care facility, through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide the highest quality primary and back up childcare services conveniently located near our children’s parents place of work. We aim to assist corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
- As directed by Head Chef, duties may include: all cooking, baking and food preparation for the childcares, under the supervision of the head chef. Baking should be completed a day in advance if necessary;
- Preparing the food for field trips and school age programs;
- Preparing food for catering events at and associated with the child care center. Maintains clean and sanitary kitchen and storage facilities;
- Ensures safe food storage and disposal;
- Daily log of food temperatures;
- Daily log of refrigerator and freezer temperatures; Responsible for packing the food when applicable;
- Complies with all health and hygiene requirements under all food safety legislation;
- Assist in kitchen operations including scheduled cleaning and sanitizing of appliances, counters, cupboards and drawers;
- Floors are swept and mopped after every meal;
- Removes all trash and recyclable materials at the end of each shift;
- Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time based on the needs of the child care center;
- Performs other related assignments as required.
Salary: Dependent on type of certification and experience
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Dental – frequent cleanings, x-rays, minor surgical procedures and post-surgical care
- Vision – eye exams
- Chiropractor, Osteopath, Podiatrist/Chiropodist, Massage Therapist, Naturopath, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist, M.S.W. Social Worker, Psychologist, Acupuncturist
- Prescriptions, hearing aids, orthopedics, travel insurance
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- We have opportunities for educational support and tuition reimbursement
- We currently have over 100 daycares across North America and are constantly growing!
- Positive work environment with encouraging team members and opportunities for career advancement
- Monthly health challenges to promote work/life balance with exciting prizes
- Enjoy 35% off our child care services and receive 20 days of FREE back up child care per year!
- Serve Safe certification is required
- Experience in a kitchen environment and ability to use and operate common machines would be an asset
- Pre-security clearance and vulnerable sectors
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with other staff
- High standard of professionalism
- Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all children and clients are cared for equally and in accordance with Kids & Company standards
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to client, children and staff needs as well as communicate with tact and diplomacy
- High energy level with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
- Able to work safely around stoves and chemicals while having the endurance to spend many hours standing, walking and lifting heavy objects
Kids and Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Kids and Company is committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities so that they may pursue employment opportunities in a similar way to other applicants. If you require accommodation as a job applicant, please contact us.