Kids and Company is looking for DYNAMIC, ENERGETIC, FUN, CREATIVE, & NURTURING Toddler Teachers for IMMEDIATE placement in our growing Geneva location!
Our ideal candidate will be able to create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for toddlers to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Toddlers may want to be independent, but they still don’t always know how to be safe.
- Toddlers are constantly testing the waters and pushing things to see how far they can go. They need a few simple rules—and sometimes a few gentle reminders!
- Toddlers strive to be self-reliant, and they count on the understanding and attentiveness of the adults in their lives.
- Children at this age are wavering between babyhood and childhood. One minute, a toddler may want to act like a grown-up and read to herself/himself. The next minute, she/he may climb up in her/his teacher’s lap with book in hand and ask for a story.
- Toddlers are beginning to understand what’s expected of them, although they might not always comply.
It takes a patient teacher to sense the shifts in children’s moods and needs. It also takes a perceptive one to make the best out of this exciting time for learning.
Teachers should set and communicate clear and consistent limits for toddlers
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Highly Organized Mind and Skills
- Previous Experience Working With Infants 6 Weeks to 15 Months
- Strong Desire to Work With Infants
- Ability to Create and Build Dynamic Curriculum That Meets the Needs of Toddlers.
To be considered for a position you must have (at minimum) the following credentials:
- Sixty semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester or nine quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six.
- One year (1560 clock hours) of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center and 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester or nine quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six.
- Completion of credentialing programs, such as Child Development Associate or CDA.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME, SALARY REQUIREMENTS & AVAILABILITY FOR PHONE SCREEN AND INTERVIEWS
- Plans and prepares curriculum activities using the thematic units provided
- Observes and makes anecdotal records of children's progress
- Records and completes portfolios and assessments for each child
- Plans and implements activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children
- Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children
- Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness
- Engages with current and prospective parents and family members and is responsive to their needs
- Keeps the management informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
- Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, center events, and parent meetings as requested
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and/or CDA preferred; must have 90 clock hours
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related area highly desirable
- 2+ years of early childhood education experience desirable
- 1+ years of experience working with assigned age group desirable
- We offer competitive salary based on education level achieved and field experience
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage for all Full Time Employees
- Paid Vacations and Personal Time