Be a part of this exciting early childhood program at Kids & Company. Join a growing family of centers with nearly 140 locations in North America - and still growing!
We are currently hiring amazing Lead Teachers for our program at our Boston Seaport location!
Reporting to the School Director, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team to assist in the overall management of day to day supervision and operations of a child age group through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide quality primary and backup childcare services conveniently located near our children’s parent’s place of work.
- Plans and implements enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy;
- Leads children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use and providing opportunities for creative expression;
- Takes a leadership role in the classroom and provides excellent supervision and interaction with children at all times including in all classroom, sleep room, outside and playground activities;
- Observes children in their surroundings and assesses individual and group needs;
- Promotes open communication and works cooperatively and effectively as a team member and communicates and contributes information on a continuous basis;
- Provides training and acts as a role model for students, substitute and new team members;
- Meets emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child in the classroom;
- Follows all center policies as outlined in the Staff Policy Manual including Behavior Management, Serious Occurrence, Anaphylactic, Technology Use, Fire Drills, Workplace Harassment and Violence and Health and Safety practices;
- Prepares and maintains the indoor and outdoor play areas for children’s use, including checking toys and equipment to ensure safe functioning and performing various housekeeping and sanitizing duties as required;
- Participates in lunch, diapering, bathroom and toilet training duties and promotes healthy and independent practices;
- Ensures any special dietary requirements are met;
- If designated, administers medication as authorized by a physician and maintain appropriate records;
- Maintains open, positive, friendly and cooperative relationships with each child’s family;
- Accurately performs all administrative tasks including entries for the classroom log book, center communication log book and required emergency and incident reporting in a timely manner;
- Coordinates activities with other childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants and supply workers;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Meets state required Lead Teacher requirements
- Knowledge of Child Care programs
- High standard of professionalism
- Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all children and clients are cared for equally and in accordance with Kids & Company standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to client and children’s needs
- High energy level with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- The incumbent must be capable of lifting, pushing or pulling up to 45 pounds
- A criminal reference check and verification of medical suitability will be required as specified in Licensing Regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour