- Posted: over a month ago
- $11 Hourly
Responsible for the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children. Generally, is assisted in the classroom by an assistant teacher. Is responsible for ensuring that all parents, children, and classroom staff concerns are appropriately addressed. PLEASE NOTE AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF CENTER BASED EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
• Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
• Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
• Assists and supervises children during all activities.
• Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
• Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
• Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
• Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
• Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
• Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
• Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
• Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
• Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
• Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
• Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed.
• Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer
telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
• Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
• Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
• Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
• Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
• Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
• Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
• Must meet state requirements for position.
• Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
PLEASE NOTE AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF CENTER BASED EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Nevada Registry Requirements:
Health Card or Negative TB
Signs of Illness with Bloodborne Pathogens
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
Child Development Courses
We serve children 6 week to 12 years of age. We will be primarily focusing children 6 weeks to 5 years of age during the ramp of process.
There will be ample room to grow with the company as expansion increases in the Las Vegas markets.
Kiddie Academy of Centennial HillsWhy Work Here?
Awesome management team, room for growth!
We provide educational daycare in the Centennial Hills, NV area that focuses on days filled with learning and fun, the key ingredients of our Life Essentials educational philosophy. The smiles you will see on our childrens faces as they learn, share family style meals with other children, and grow socially will delight you. The words from our childrens parents about our program, safety and facility will impress you. We serve children 6 week to 12 years of age. We will be primarily focusing children 6 weeks to 5 years of age during the ramp of process. There will be ample room to grow with the company as expansion increases in the Las Vegas markets.
6180 N Durango DriveLas Vegas, NV