EGD Apprentice Technician
Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Eagle Pass, TX
- Posted: 29 days ago
EGD Technician Supervisor
As an entry level development technical position, learn and routinely trouble shoot various gaming device problems. Assist in machine set-ups, installs, removals, relocations or repairs/maintenance of EGD devices as instructed. Install and trouble shoot accounting systems as required. This position may be escalated to technician once desired technical skills are obtained.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns and questions.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of designated gaming machines to ensure they are working properly. This includes coin testing when applicable.
- Responsible for assisting with machine/sign installs, removals, machine relocations, kiosk or kiosk enclosure relocations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot EGD player tracking and/or accounting system for functionality.
- Replace gaming parts, locks, chairs or signs as required.
- Properly use applicable power or mechanical tools such as power saws, drills, compressors, ratchets, screw drivers, etc.
- Apply an above average level of PC or networking skills to use, learn, apply or update all gaming device data and software thoroughly.
- Properly use all applicable electronic testing equipment or electronic tools such as cable testers, connector applicators, wire strippers, crimpers, micro-meters or voltage measuring devices.
- Troubleshoot cable runs or connectivity issues with our Advantage system or EZ Pay module.
- Conduct service tests to make sure EGD's equipment or components installed, operate properly or in accordance with operational manual or procedures.
- Assist and occasionally perform the duties of an EGD floor attendant, to verify jackpot payouts and machine malfunctions, as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any machine malfunctions and when in contact with machine vendor representatives, communicate problems and machine issues clearly.
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as assigned.
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies. Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirement to Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year slot machine or EGD experience, preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must pass EGD Skills assessment.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral. Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General Manager, Directors, Managers, vendors and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest service skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational qualities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate teamwork.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest service programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, climb and bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels. May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff members.
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission License, including successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures, and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
AddressEagle Pass, TX
AutomotiveView all jobs at Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino