To APPLY, email (1) Cover letter, (2) Desired compensation, (3) and Resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. All 3 items must be included for consideration.
Kheir Center is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and creative Development Manager for our growing nonprofit organization. Kheir is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive, high-quality healthcare and human services at low or no cost to the underserved and uninsured residents of Los Angeles. The organization currently operates five sites, and serves more than 12,000 individuals through 60,000 clinic visits annually. The Development Manager position is a great opportunity to support LA’s underserved community through a variety of responsibilities related to donor and community relations. This person will supervise development staff and is responsible for writing and managing grants, designing programs, and developing new relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors. This position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
· Manage development programs and initiatives to advance Kheir’s strategic priorities, promote collaboration and partnership, and engage supporters, donors and volunteers.
· Write selected applications and reports; oversee the development, writing, and submission of all grant proposals and reports.
· Design and manage grant programs, and supervise tracking of deadlines, deliverables, and other requirements. Create implementation and evaluation plans.
· Drive annual plans for development activities, with special emphasis on corporate and foundation support and grants.
· Identify new, innovative sources of fundraising revenue and other types of support (volunteer, in-kind donation of products and services, etc.).
· Maintain and improve relations with foundations, corporations, and individual donors through print material and digital content (e-blasts, videos, social media, brochures & fact sheets), site visits, special events, and other strategies to engage funders and volunteers.
· Support the Director of External Affairs with internal and external communications, special projects, Board of Directors activities, and other duties as needed.
· Create and oversee the distribution and display of materials that show Kheir’s impact in the community (PR videos and photography, donor reports, audience-specific public relations packages & content).
· Manage event planning for Kheir's Fundraising Dinners, including coordination of awards ceremony, VIP reception, Silent Auction, sponsorship solicitation, fundraising video, elected official participation, entertainment, venue logistics, printing and graphics, and all other details related to the event.
· Plan selected public relations events, including grand openings and press conferences.
· Support strategic planning efforts with leadership team, management, and staff, to ensure that priorities are in alignment with Kheir’s long-term goals, mission, vision and core values.
· Oversee press release creation and distribution to ensure consistent messaging and successful, organized, well-attended media events.
· Ensure that Kheir’s social media presence (through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other sites) is relevant, consistent and tailored to engage target populations (donors, supporters, patient/client population, partners, youth, etc.).
· Promote Kheir’s presence in the local clinic community and leverage relationships to establish and maintain corporate, nonprofit and government partnerships.
· Assist with updates to Kheir’s website.
· Ensure organizational fundraising compliance with all City, County, State & Federal regulations.
· Supervise Development staff, and provide advisement and guidance for selected administrative/ operations employees.
· Coordinate Employee Giving program.
· Provide support as agency’s point of contact regarding the agency’s affordable housing projects and coordinate documentation requirements for housing partnerships.
· Serve as agency liaison for elected officials’ offices and government agencies.
· Serve as an in-house expert on company culture, best practices and partnership history.
· Ensure that agency calendar is maintained and updated on a regular basis.
· Other special projects and duties as assigned.
· REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, or related field
· Must have minimum 4 years experience in nonprofit development and fundraising
· Must have minimum 3 years of grant-writing experience, from design to completion
· Must have minimum 1 year of direct supervisory experience of paid employees
· Must be extremely well-versed in Microsoft Office platforms, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Publisher
· Follow up on assignments, show initiative, be self-motivated, and have a strong work ethic
· Possess strong time management skills, including deadline prioritization of multiple projects with real-time timelines for assignments
· Skills in needs assessment, project planning, implementation, and evaluation
· Strong reading, writing & public speaking skills
· Flexibility to work occasional nights & weekends
· Is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
· Can be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information
· Must have everyday access to reliable transportation, current driver's license and auto insurance
Full-time Position. Salary commensurate with experience. Highly competitive benefits package, including full medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, and 403(b) retirement plan with company matching.