We are looking for Lead Teachers for Infants, Toddlers, and preschool (2's, 3's, And 4's) to join our growing academy. You are in charge of the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children, and are responsible for ensuring that all parents, children, and classroom staff concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained, in accordance with the NAEYC cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
- Assists and supervises children during allactivities.
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, andschedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interestareas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderlymanner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles forchildren.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout theyear.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wideevents.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Must meet state requirements forposition.
- Candidate must pass a medical exam/physical and have a clear background check to qualify foremployment.
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills