Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: WFH
Work Hours: Fulltime
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Release Manager to assist us in delivering amazing game experiences to our communities.
As our Release Manager, you'll work with the teams responsible for a famous shooter franchise. You will be essential in getting our titles into the hands of players through partnering with our existing Release Managements, Production, Development, Infrastructure and Platform teams. To do this successfully, you will be responsible for navigating the Certification process as well as multiple content ingestion pipelines while driving technical investigations when releases don't go as planned.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to prioritize their work independently and capable of managing multiple products and team relationships. Release Management of continuous products involves direction and requests from a lot of sources. Keeping cool under pressure, being able to think critically through problems and take a technical approach to investigating issues with stakeholders from a variety of different business units is essential to success. The ability to work through ambiguity is critical. You are the final barrier between the users and our products.
- Take ownership over release process
- Understand the process and policies associated with the content ingestion pipelines for multi-platform games and follow them closely as you submit products to be released to the public
- Understand platform certification requirements and assist development teams in determining potential issues before and during release
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of build packaging, verification, certification, and release
- Drive communication and troubleshooting of release issues.
- Advocate for the studio's needs at the platform level. This includes acquisition paths and potential marketing procedures.
- Support the Studio with any promotional work outside of the general RM scope
Additional responsibilities may be added over time as the release pipeline evolves with your influence.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our "can do" attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Proven track record of establishing or refining release management processes
- Experience in shipping and managing betas on Steam is required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Visual Studio Team Services, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience managing release schedules in Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of release processes on other platforms
- Shipped releases in a release manager or production role
- Previous experience shipping Xbox One titles
- Previous experience shipping on multiple platforms
- Previous experience with Partner Center pipelines
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits