Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology - Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will work with all departments and members of the leadership team to develop strategies for optimizing conference program implementation and execution at conference sites. This position will oversee conference placements with respect to number, location, and timing, and will manage conference budgets to mitigate financial risks. The Director will provide continuous assessment of the performance of current venues, will identify potential new sites and will be responsible for negotiating vendor contracts. This position will require an understanding of the Symposia’s mission to connect life scientists from around the world and to accelerate progress in biomedical research. In addition, an intuitive grasp of key operational attributes that contribute to highly successful conference outcomes will be important. This attention to quality and brand will necessarily be grounded in a practical understanding of budgetary constraints, contract details and risk mitigation strategies to ensure the long-term viability of conference operations. The Director will work with the leadership team to develop budget scenarios and maximize operational efficiency.
The Director of Operations reports to the Keystone Symposia CEO. Working in our Silverthorne office at least 2 days/week is required.
· Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
· Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
· Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
· Work with staff within the departments and leadership in the development of financial and budgetary plans
· Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
· Review, and where necessary, develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
· Build and maintain relationships with all department directors, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
· Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
· Devise strategies to ensure optimization of conference programs, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
· Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring regulations are followed
· Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Provides continuous assessment of our current venues and sites, including reviews of contracts.
- Identifies potential new sites based on site priorities.
- Travels to some of the potential sites and existing sites to review property and customer service standards.
- Coordinates and negotiates details for contracts.
- Oversees conference and programming information on the Web site to ensure that it is up-to-date as it pertains to the program, lodging, activities, and dining.
- Creates and prepares budget items and budget scenarios as directed by the leadership team.
- Oversees site budgets. Prepares budget scenarios for new sites and new programming. For new sites: distance from airport, cost, location to science, required room blocks guaranteed; airfares, etc.
- Develops new program scenarios for development agreements, unique venues, 2-day, 2.5-day, etc. conferences, and determines a testing/evaluation process to determine the success of a new program both from financial and programming aspects.
- Oversees speaker budget and conference budgets; provides break-evens, food and beverage spreadsheets for budget and conference site placement.
- Coordinates new LiveStream and in-person conference management processes so information that is pertinent to both departments is easily obtained and staff is cross-trained where possible.
- Works with staff from Conference Management and Program Implementation to coordinate final conference placement.
- Works with Finance and Operation department staff to institute strategies for conference location and timing.
- Supervises Lead Conference Coordinator, Conference Coordinator, Associate Conference Coordinator, and Attendees Services staff.
Qualified candidates will offer five to eight years of prior management experience and a Bachelors’ degree is required. Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and with good judgment. Must be willing and able to travel for our conferences. Must be able to work in our Silverthorne, Colorado office at least 2 days per week.
Compensation: Salary is $105,000 to $125,000 depending on experience. Our generous benefits package includes vacation and sick time, Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability Insurance, and 401K with company match.
Keystone Symposia on Molecular & Cellular BiologyWhy Work Here?
Outstanding benefits: 4 weeks of vacation, Health, Dental, Vision, company match for 401K, sick time, and paid Holidays
Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Silverthorne, Colorado. Keystone Symposia will serve as a catalyst for the advancement of biomedical and life sciences by connecting scientists within and across disciplines at conferences and workshops held at venues that create an environment conducive to information exchange, generation of new ideas and acceleration of applications that benefit society.
160 US Hwy 6Silverthorne, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Keystone Symposia on Molecular & Cellular Biology