- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Processes payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions as a backup for other staff members.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Assists with Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new staff in the department
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-stae payroll processing that includes preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Extensive knowledge of prevailing wage, union payrolls, and multi-state payrolls.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Knowledge and experience with the Spectrum ERP & Payroll System (a Viewpoint product) would be helpful, but not necessary.
- Knowledge and ability to do SQL database queries in Excel would be helpful but not necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Five years of experience in payroll processing required with two years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
Keystone Staffing SolutionsPrivately held company with a great reputation!