KeyStaff is now hiring for a Procurement Specialist for our Client located in Sarasota, FL. This is a temp opening and only qualified individuals will be considered.
Utilizes procurement knowledge to manage the procurement process including, but not limited to solicitation development, advertisement, evaluation, selection, negotiation, contract development and contract compliance for small dollar solicitations and non-competitive procurements. Provides assistance to internal customers regarding non- competitive procurements. Work is performed under the supervision of the Procurement & Contracts Manager.
- Purchase Orders- Reviews and approves purchase requests and change order requests submitted by Departments
- Acquisition- Analyzes and determines the feasibility of request to piggyback off other governmental agencies’ existing contracts, agreements or cooperative purchasing ventures
- Reviews waiver requests for compliance to procurement manual and code prior to approval
- Reviews sole and single source procurement requests, including the facilitation of the Intent to Sole Source process
- Processes emergency purchase requests in an expeditious manner in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Responsible for the preparation and review of small dollar solicitations (up to $25,000), ensuring compliance with all applicable procurement policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, procurement code, manual, local ordinance, and state statutes
- Reviews, corrects, and researches using Department’s specifications to ensure competitive and non-restrictive requirements
- Ensures basic requirements and industry standards/certifications are included, determines if licensing, insurance and bonding are required
- Prepares solicitations for release and ensures they are processed timely
- Evaluates responsiveness and responsibility of bidders and proposers and makes award recommendations to Procurement Official or Designee
- Provides procurement documents to Departments for inclusion in eBar/eCar Contracts
- Drafts contracts, contract amendments, work assignments, extensions and terminations to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Reviews and approves eBar and eCar items to ensure compliance with stated policies and procedures
- Participates in contract negotiations, as requested
- Advises and assists Administrative Agents throughout contract dispute process, including, but not limited to drafting corrective actions forms, attending corrective action meetings, and drafting termination letters as appropriate
- Conducts procurement planning sessions with Departments to ensure understanding of processes, develop timelines and clarify roles and responsibilities
- Participates in Procurement Partner meetings with Departments
- May participate in formal training of Departments and vendors related to procurement processes, systems and contract management
- Participates in the continuous improvement of systems, processes and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Public/Business Administration, or related field and one year of experience in public and/or private sector procurement OR Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field and three years experience in public or private sector procurement OR Progressively responsible professional experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required degree.
Only qualified candidates will be considered!
Apply online for the quickest response.
About KeyStaff, Inc:
Looking for a job? Providing opportunities for employment is KeyStaff's business! Our talented associates are on assignment in a vast range of job categories at top companies in major markets across the United States. Regardless of your choice of temporary, temporary-to-hire or direct placement options, what makes us different from other staffing companies is that KeyStaff takes a personal interest in every employee. At KeyStaff we take the time to listen and talk to you about what it is you are looking for in a career.
Company website: http://www.mykeystaff.com/
At KeyStaff we take the time to listen and talk to you about what it is you are looking for in a career.