ABOUT THE JOB
Responsible for all pre-closing and closing functions required for credit products offered by Real Estate Capital, primarily the Income Property Group (IPG) or other KeyBank lines of business as required by credit policy, including compliance with credit policy, internal compliance procedures (OFAC, Patriot Act, Beneficial Ownership etc.), credit approval, and documentation standards according to internal closing procedures and controls. Maintain an assigned portfolio consisting of simple to moderately complex construction and interim loans (including multiple tranche transactions), line of credit facilities, standby letters of credit or revenue bond transactions, any of which may be syndicated/participated. Responsible for providing superior internal and external client service while managing risk to KeyBank.
*Position can be filled in any location.
*Selected candidate must align their hours with Moutain Time to support the Central Region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides closing expertise to RM/PM in pre-closing process through review of items required to close, review of credit approval and assistance with review of commitment letter and loan documentation
- Drives closing process with client, utilizing closing checklist to identify and monitor progress of items required to close and responsible parties for such
- Engages/coordinates outside consultants necessary for the transaction including legal counsel
- Accumulates and reviews all loan documentation and other information for conformity to credit policy, credit approval, and commitment letter; reviews and negotiates client-requested changes with counsel and/or RM as appropriate
- Ensures ongoing communication with client, RM, PM, legal counsel, title agent, consultants, Servicing Officer and all other necessary parties during pre-closing and closing process
- Works with Servicing Officer, consultants and RM to ensure project budget is balanced and conforms to loan approval.
- Delivers distinctive personalized service to external and internal clients; participates in client meetings
- Ensures all pre-closing conditions of approval are met
- Provides authorization to close to Servicing Officer; works closely with multiple parties to achieve a well-coordinated and timely closing, funding and booking of the transaction
- Effectively communicates and works with banks on syndicated/participated transactions; leads or participates in syndication bank group meetings (each with Team Lead assistance as needed) and ensures Bank documentation and closing requirements are met
- Coordinates collection of all fees and charges necessary to close transaction
- Provides required documentation for booking transaction and fees
- Utilizes RECWeb system for timely updates on deal status, and timely uploading and maintaining of closing file and all appropriate documents
- Proactively monitors all post closing items
- Utilizes Compliance Applications in order to ensure adherence to all governmental and fiduciary laws, including OFAC, Patriot Act and Beneficial Ownership
- Clearly and immediately communicates problems/issues and elevates appropriately; assists in resolving issues affecting client service and risk management
- Adheres to timeframes for all required training
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent real estate business experience
- Paralegal training, law degree and/or LPO license preferred
- Experience with closing process and real estate loan financing including commitment/loan structures, title/liens, insurance, loan documents, contracts, leases, AIA document, project budgets and other legal documentation and compliance with governmental legal requirements.
- Strong solution-oriented and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Demonstrated decision-making ability
- Experience with multi-bank loan participations/syndications and secondary market standards
- Strong aptitude for analysis, systems and mathematics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-volume environment
- Familiarity with commercial loan accounting systems
- PC proficiency including familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.