- Posted: 28 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
****RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY TO REDMOND, OR****
Join our Engineering Team!
Key Technology in Redmond, OR is a worldwide leader in food processing technology. As a global industrial manufacturing company, our ongoing innovations provide increased control, continuous processing, sorting, automated inspection, specialized conveying, and grading and sizing, in processed fruits and vegetables, nuts, dried fruit, fresh-cut produce and more.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Key, you will design, specify and test major systems, subsystems and components of process and conveying systems. You will even plan, direct, coordinate, and at times, perform activities involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical components and subsystems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design processing lines, system components, and subsystems from initial conception to production with occasional infield plant commissioning and start-up.
- Uses 2D and 3D engineering tools to design and draft manufacturing drawing sets.
- Works closely with Project Managers to ensure successful definition, execution, and completion of projects
- Develops and implements functional and reliability tests for designs as required.
- Solves problems related to design, manufacture, function and reliability of equipment.
- Gathers data from field, manufacturing, QA, or other sources in root cause analyses.
- Works with manufacturing group to develop processes for the manufacture of components and subsystems.
- Works directly with suppliers on specifications, development and application of purchased parts
- Works with QA and manufacturing to ensure equipment conforms to specifications prior to shipment to customer.
- Travels to customers sites to assist/advise in the installation, commissioning, start-up and/or repair of equipment.
- Works directly with customers to solve performance and reliability related problems with equipment.
Experience & Education
- BSME and three to five years of related field experience.
- Experience in the design of food processing equipment and project management is a plus. Demonstrated experience in the design of sheet metal, machined, extruded, cast and welded parts desired.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
- AutoCAD and 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Structural Design Analysis
- Comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Able to work with concepts such as solving multiple equations and differential equations, and solve complex engineering problems using mathematical techniques.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Why Work at Key?
Key Technology Inc. is a Duravant family company, dedicated to the fulfilment of our employees. Whether seeking career advancement, long term employment stability, or a mix, our leadership team is committed to each employee’s personal career goals. As we know our success is rooted with our employees, Key offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees, including the following:
- Medical coverage through your choice of a high deductible health plan or a PPO plan. All plans include prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts, when allowed by tax laws
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA), when allowed by tax laws. Our HSA includes a 2x match, up to $1,000 annually
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid life insurance and disability insurance, and options to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Optional coverages include Long-term Care, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401k plan with a 100% match on the first 3% of employee contributions, and 50% on the next 2% of contributions (4% match if you contribute 5% of pay)
- Educational Assistance reimbursement
- Accrued paid time off (PTO) – 3 weeks per year
- 10 paid holidays annually
Based on company eligibility requirements, this position is eligible for a 5% bonus
ManufacturingView all jobs at Key Technology
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?