Human Resource Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY TO WALLA WALLA, WA***
We have a great opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team. Reporting to the HR Director, in this role you will work closely with managers, supervisors and employees on employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, training and development, social responsibility, and compensation administration in support of Key Technology’s strategic goals and objectives.
Principal responsibilities of the HR Generalist include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Human Resources team, supervisors, managers and employees to respond to and assist in the resolution of internal employee relations issues.
- Provide assistance to all Key Technology employees, responding to requests for information and/or problem solving and conflict resolution processes.
- Assist managers and supervisors with employee engagement, performance management and compensation issues to ensure employees are focused and rewarded on achieving organization goals.
- Ensures disciplinary policies and procedures are administered fairly and uniformly; reviews disciplinary actions and participates in investigations as needed. Advises in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues from incident reporting through final disposition and ensures employee relations issues are properly documented.
- Conduct compensation analysis, as necessary, to ensure that Key’s compensation remains appropriately competitive.
- With the Organizational Learning & Development Manager, help design and conduct training programs to address organization wide training needs (i.e. Onboarding, Management Development, Annual Update, etc.) - maintain training records.
- With the HR Team, oversee protected leave of absences and accommodation issues, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Acts as resource to employees and supervisors/ managers regarding protected leaves as well as leaves of absence available through Key’s policies.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding activities. Schedules and conducts exit interviews; reports on statistics form leaving employees, and makes general recommendations regarding trends.
- In collaboration with the Staffing team, conduct recruitment activities for assigned client groups as needed including staffing needs analysis and sourcing applicants.
- Perform or assist with applicant screening, coaching supervisors on interviewing skills, and assist with selection and job offers.
- Complete administrative reconciliation HR records to assure integrity of records and readiness of response to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of Human Resources department to assure consistent application of policy, shared analysis of organization trends, and information sharing.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of progressive experience in HR disciplines.
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment (desirable).
- Proficiency with HRIS/Payroll systems (Paycom experience strongly preferred) and extensive software applications experience (MS Word, Excel).
- Leave of absence and ADA compliance knowledge; investigation and conflict resolution experience.
- Needs assessment, training design, and presentation experience.
- This position is located in Walla Walla, WA and supports team members in Washington, Oregon and California. Travel to these areas may be required. This is not a remote-work position.
- Incumbent must have the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and changing priorities.
- This position is responsible for providing support to staff performing work on multiple shifts, and as a result, after-hours work, including evening and weekend meetings, though rare, may be required.
Key Technology offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees (30+ hours), including the following:
- Medical coverage through your choice of a high deductible health plan or a PPO plan. All plans include prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSA), when allowed by tax laws. Our HSA includes a 2x match, up to $1,000 annually
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid life insurance and disability insurance, and options to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Optional coverages include Long-term Care, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401k plan with a 100% match on the first 3% of employee contributions, and 50% on the next 2% of contributions (4% match if you contribute 5% of pay)
- Educational Assistance reimbursement
- Accrued paid time off (PTO) – 3 weeks per year
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Beautiful Eastern Washington location with seasonal activities. Close to mountain, desert, large river (Columbia and Snake Rivers) and outdoor activities.
Employment with Key Technology is contingent upon successfully completing a pre-employment drug screen, criminal history, social security, and reference check. Key Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BusinessView all jobs at Key Technology
Get fresh HR Relocation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.