2nd Shift - CNC Lathe Machinist Level A or Level B (2)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CNC Machinist (Level A & Level B)
Location: Monrovia, CA
Pay: $26 - $35hr DOE!!
Shift: Day Shift 5:30am – 2:00pm and Swing Shift 2:30pm – 11:00pm
We are currently seeking Mill and Lathe Machinists to operate the (CNC) mill and/or lathe machines to fabricate plastic and non-metallic parts according to strict customer and quality specifications.
- Perform CNC mill set-ups and operate CNC mill machines according to process sheets under general supervision.
- Perform CNC lathe set-up’s and operate CNC lathe machines according to process sheets under general supervision.
- Edit, send, or retrieve CNC programs from systems files as required for mill machine set-up and operation.
- Read and interpret manufacturing paperwork (travelers, blueprints, sketches, etc.)
- In order to produce products as required by customer specifications and quality standards.
- Inspect and verify own work prior to submitting to Quality Assurance Department for first article inspection.
- If part is non-conforming, use non-conforming material procedure.
- Meet needed quote times and schedule for assigned work.
- Correctly process required work-related paperwork and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) documents.
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and other employees regarding any production issues and ways to eliminate possible errors on set-up and/or programming.
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary, such as hand-work operations.
- Evaluate and update “estimated to actual” cycle times.
- Make process decisions and utilize the help chain/chain of command when necessary.
- Challenge processes if needed to create a more efficient production environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant CNC mill and/or lathe machine experience is required.
- Certificate from NTMA or other technical school is a plus.
- Ability to use various inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, and comparators.
- Familiarity with Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) is desired.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical documents.
- Strong shop math skills including the ability to perform measurement conversion.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use various types of manufacturing software programs such as JobBoss.
Get fresh Machinist Level 1 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.