Award-winning social impact storytelling firm is looking for their next storysmith. For more than eighteen years, our team of passionate storysmiths has partnered with nonprofits and businesses to move the human soul with stories that educate and inspire action. We believe that communicating you exist is not enough. You must meaningfully connect with potential donors/customers while sharing how and why your service is valuable and unique. We evoke emotions while providing valuable information about your service and impact. Our approach is curating cinema-style trailers that enhance the purpose, differentiation, and added value of a nonprofit or business to stay top of mind with clients year-round. We are located in the heart of the city, just north of downtown. Learn more at www.keyideas.net.
Reports to: Carlos Maestas, Chief Storysmith
Job Status: Full time with benefits
Key Ideas is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Director of Photography (DP)/Editor. You'll be involved across the board, from creative to production to editing, and more. From on-set production to post, from office support to runs, this hands-on opportunity will fully immerse you into our company's creative atmosphere and projects.
Applicants should be highly driven, self-motivated individuals who are passionate about film/commercial / video production and who are looking to immerse themselves in a production environment. Upbeat, friendly, positive attitudes are a MUST.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, or other film/editing applications is preferred
- Experience shooting on Canon C-Series
- Must have a great sense of humor and get along with others
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking capabilities and strong interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Experience with Mac preferred
- Advanced knowledge of camera operations and lighting
- Aptly acts on delegated tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and understand what tasks need to be completed without supervision or explicit instruction
- Agency experience/commercial experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel; current passport
- Ability to work on nights/weekends (if needed)
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide creative direction through pre-production- post-production
- Communicate with clients
- Scout locations
- Create storyboards
- Setting up and teardown equipment on set
- Lead the production process
- Eye for composition and capturing moments
- Rough cuts
No applications without a reel or samples of work will be considered.