Assistant Construction Manager
- 3 days ago
Keville Enterprises, Inc., an established Construction Management Consulting and Inspection firm, is seeking candidates for a full-time Assistant Construction Manager position to serve as an owner's representative on various municipal construction projects in the Boston, MA area. The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of applicable industry experience on civil construction projects field construction/site work experience. A Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is preferred.
DUTIES: The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Construction Manager include the following:
- Assist with prompt exchange of correspondence, submittals, and RFI's to pertinent parties.
- Remain vigilant regarding all aspects of the construction activities. Respond with appropriate and necessary levels of construction monitoring to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents.
- Coordinate the interface of the construction work with stakeholders on the site. Verify that contractor is following his approved site Health & Safety plan.
- Review the contractor's progress at all times. Monitor the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site, and the contractor's manpower and equipment.
- Attend weekly, monthly, and other progress meetings, held at the site as required. Identify constraints and recommend corrective measures. Assist with weekly Construction Progress meetings.
- Prepare daily reports on activities including works assignments, on-site performance, and guidance on the supervision of the contractor's operations.
- Coordination with contractor's supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence, and method of work, as the owner's representative.
- Continuous inspections and consultation with the CM/RE/Owner including the preparation of technical written and oral reports on contractual and procedural matters.
- Record Punch-out and Pre-final inspection, participate in Final inspections, submit lists of deficiencies to the CM/RE/Owner for each inspection, and log correction of all deficiencies prior to final inspection.
- Ensure that all required keys, O&M Manuals, warranty certificates, and as-built drawings are correct, complete and in accordance with the contract prior to being submitted to the owner.
- Ensure all applicable special inspections and observations required by the contract are performed and help to coordinate all factory and on-site testing, testing lab personnel, and any other inspections and testing personnel required by the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field with 5 years of applicable industry experience on civil construction projects.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, or a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is preferred.
- Sound understanding of engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to civil, mechanical, electrical, and/or environmental engineering concerned with the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes.
- Knowledgeable of construction practices/methods as well as construction management.
- Ability to write and speak to report on progress and outcome of technical assignments and to present recommendations.
- Ability to monitor construction projects to a successful and timely completion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required. Knowledge of or the ability to develop proficiency in other construction management software desired.
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- Must have the ability to pass a fingerprint background check and obtain an Airports Authority badge.
While performing the duties of this job, the Assistant Construction Manager is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; talk or hear; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work frequently requires working at client's job site, construction trailer, and in a field environment. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, and doing extensive walking. Select jobs may require work near heavy construction equipment, railroad right of ways, bridges, construction sites, tunnels and airport runways. Work environment may require use of construction/inspection safety equipment including fall equipment. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
OTHER: Background checks required. OSHA 10 certification is a condition of employment. This employer participates in e-verify. More Information: http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify
BENEFITS: Keville offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401k Profit Sharing Plan, FSA/Dependent Care accounts, paid time off for Vacation, Sick and Holidays. We support ample industry related training and a broad range of career opportunities.
Keville Enterprises, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keville Enterprises Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?