Kett Engineering is seeking Platform Specialist / EOL - IQC Tech to work with our customer on an Autonomous Vehicle program in Santa Clara, CA.
Job Summary and General Purpose of Position:
The AV Platform Support Technician is responsible for making sure test vehicles are prepared, configured, and available for testing. They support advanced troubleshooting of issues before, during, and after testing. Working closely with the operations and engineering teams, solve problems and help make test vehicles more reliable.
As EOL (End of Line) (Incoming Quality Control) Technician this person performs final testing on R&D autonomous vehicles after assembly, before release to the fleet. As IQC (Incoming Quality Control) Technician, they determine quality of incoming parts before assembly.
Required Skills for this role:
- Comfortable working in multiple different command line interfaces
- Comfortable working in Bash terminal
- Can read and run simple Bash and Python scripts
- Basic understanding of networking (for any issues involving the vehicle network)
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering (e.g. AC/DC voltage, resistance, amperage, how they affect/relate to each other, experience using multimeters)
- Strong troubleshooting ability (this is really key some tests require tracing an issue virtually end-to-end throughout the whole vehicle)
- Basic knowledge of working on vehicles (may need to remove/replace components, torque grounds, etc.)
- Ability to work without an explicit set of instructions where here is minimal documentation
- Basic experience working on small electronics (assembling a PC, experimenting with Raspberry Pi, and similar experiences are very useful for some IQC tasks)
- Good organization skills (parts are always coming in and out to be checked, and it is crucial to keep these well-organized)
- Configure software on vehicle systems
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Communicate clearly with AV drivers and operators to resolve issues experienced during testing
- Produce a comprehensive representation of an issue when experienced
- Conduct all work and testing with safety as the highest priority
- Work in tandem with engineering team to identify bug fixes.
- Perform various additional duties as requested.
- Be a leader among other technicians
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote overall team effort.
- Focus on meeting and exceeding Kett and customer expectations.
- Responsibilities involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and cooperation.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Kett and customer policies and procedures and Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Ability to complete concise and accurate documentation.
- Promote safety awareness and assure compliance with all safety practices.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are a priority.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using and troubleshooting Mac, iOS, and Linux operating systems, as well as advanced command line experience
- Sound troubleshooting skills to determine causes of unexpected issues
- Experiences working with vehicles and vehicle systems is preferred
- Maintain composure during unexpected disruptions and frequent changes
- Willingness to work under challenging circumstances and time constraints
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accurate.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the 3 years prior to the contract start date
- Must have a clear driving record including but not limited to:
- No more than 1 point on driving record for 3 years preceding contract start date
- No incidents of any motor vehicle accident causing injury or death to any person.
- No convictions of a DUI or license suspensions or revocations based upon driving or operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any drug in the 10 years prior to the start date.
This role has graduating levels. Assigned or advancement level is dependent on overall work experience, education/degree, certifications, acquired deeper understanding of the role, the ability to train, mentor, and lead others; and meeting and/or exceeding customer expectations or needs.
Education- Bachelor’s degree preferred but may consider prior work experience in related field. High School Diploma or GED equivalent required at minimum.
Physical Requirements- Must be able to sit in a vehicle for as many as 6 hours per day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Job requires sitting, standing, and bending for approximately 6-8 hours on a daily basis. Must be flexible and able to perform numerous tasks as requested. Must be flexible to work overtime and hours above and beyond normal scheduled hours as needed. Ability to pass a background check, drug test, and, where applicable, a physical.
If you qualify, please send your resume and apply by completing visiting our career site via the following link:
The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience.
If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!
Why Work Here?Established in 1953, Kett Engineering is a leader in the Automotive Test and Personnel Services industry. Our goal is to provide our Automotive and OEM customers with superior service. The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience. If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!
Kett Engineering has been in business since 1953. We are a proven leader in the Automotive Testing and Contract Services industry.
Santa Clara, CA