Paramedic - Firefighter
Kett Engineering Maricopa, AZ
- Posted: 18 days ago
- $26 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Kett Engineering is currently looking to pre-qualify Paramedic/Fire Fighter II candidates to work at customer’s Automotive Proving Ground in Maricopa, Arizona. Under the general direction of the Security and EMS Supervisor, Paramedic/Fire Fighter II will respond to emergency situations in an effort to protect lives, property, and the environment in support of customer vehicle test operations at the Arizona Proving grounds. Emergency response responsibilities include emergency medical calls, fire rescue incidents, track and vehicle incidents and accidents. Also helps to maintain a safe on-site road system, ensuring safe test conditions and championing traffic safety awareness to APG employee and visiting test group population. Must be an Arizona Certified Emergency Paramedic and Arizona Certified Firefighter II.
- Responsible for patient care and treatment for fire suppression and extrication duties until municipal fire department arrives
- Maintain and update Material Safety Data Sheets books
- Maintain and update fire extinguishers
- Provide facility-wide training in CPR, first-aid, and fire extinguisher usage
- Check and maintain medical and fire rescue equipment including rescue truck and ambulance
- Train emergency response teams for response to emergency situations
- Maintain Track Presence to ensure test traffic on all APG roadways and tracks, is conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with APG Traffic Safety Rules and Regulations.
- May assist with coordination of Traffic Safety Projects at APG. Projects include but are not limited to: Visitor Orientation Program, Maintain and Update Traffic Safety Rules and Regulations, Monitor Traffic Signage and Recommend updates as needed.
- May assist with coordination of Special Testing Requests to include organizing test approval meetings, compilation of completed approved/denied forms, compilations of track condition data (track and tire temps) and analysis of all data to aid in future planning.
- Investigate traffic accidents and unintended off road excursions.
- Respond to any Traffic Safety events (rule violations, animal strikes, off road excursions, etc.) on all tracks. Tow disabled vehicles, and clean up debris as necessary from test courses.
- Monitor weather conditions and subsequent test course conditions and ensure that test courses are safe for operation within scope of APG Traffic Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Maintain current certifications: AZ CEP, ACLS, CPR (these are minimum requirements
- May perform additional duties as required or requested by management
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote overall team effort.
- Focus on meeting and exceeding Kett and customer expectations.
- Responsibilities involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and cooperation.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Kett and customer policies and procedures and Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Ability to complete concise and accurate documentation.
- Promote safety awareness and assure compliance with all safety practices.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are a priority.
Education: Arizona Emergency Paramedic, Advance Cardiac Life Support, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, and Firefighter II certification are required.
Skills/Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience as a working Paramedic. Must possess a valid AZ Driver’s License. Trailer towing experience with open trailers and closed trailers, preferred. Must possess dependability, initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility. Must have working knowledge and experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Ability to pass physical and pre-employment drug screen. Must be able to work in a physically demanding and stressful environment. Must be flexible and available to work any shift, overtime and odd hours, including weekends and Holidays.
- Safety- Abides by, promotes and acknowledges all safety practices in keeping with high safety standards
- Communications- Must provide information and receive feedback in a concise, accurate and detailed manner
- Dependability- Display ability to successfully and satisfactorily complete assigned task
- Cooperation- Exhibits characteristics of an effective team member focused on a common goal, promotes the development of like qualities in others
- Initiative and Resourcefulness- Posses initiative to take effective action, anticipates need and performs in accordance to resources provided.
- Flexibility- Must be willing and able to expand the scope of responsibilities as dependent upon requirements of the business environment
- Commitment- Able to accept assigned task with a quality results as an objective
- Dedication- Demonstrate the ability to consistently perform all responsibilities with integrity
- Result Oriented- Accomplish performance targets established by Kett and the customer
If you qualify please send your resume and apply for the position by visiting Kett's career site via the following link:
The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience.
If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!
Kett EngineeringWhy Work Here?
Kett Engineering has been in business since 1953. We are a proven leader in the Automotive Testing and Contract Services industry.
Established in 1953, Kett Engineering is a leader in the Automotive Test and Personnel Services industry. Our goal is to provide our Automotive and OEM customers with superior service. The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience. If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!