Job Summary and General Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Program Manager, works with customer to drive a school bus and other vehicles in an autonomous vehicle testing program, just outside of Surprise, AZ in Wittmann, AZ. This is a part-time position, 4 hours a day. The bus is not an autonomous vehicle, but will be interacting with autonomous and non-self-driving vehicles on a closed course on a proving ground just outside of Surprise, AZ in Wittmann, AZ..
Starting pay is $17.00/hr.
M-F: 7:30 am to 11:30 am - 20 hours/week
- Drive approved schedules in accordance with all established procedures.
- Prepare accurate Drivers Reports on a daily basis.
- Perform other related driving / vehicle preparation work as required. Such work includes vehicle shuttling, detailing, etc.
- Assists with clerical work or other jobs as required by Supervision.
- Follow policies and procedures of both Kett Engineering and customer.
- Act as a mentor to other drivers if assigned to do so.
- Perform additional duties as required or requested.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote overall team effort.
- Focus on meeting and exceeding Kett and customer expectations.
- Responsibilities involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and cooperation.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Kett and customer policies and procedures and Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Ability to complete concise and accurate documentation.
- Promote safety awareness and assure compliance with all safety practices.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are a priority.
Skills/Experience- Seven (3) years of licensed driving experience, with at least three (1) years of CDL A experience. Must possess current, valid CDL-A Arizona license. With a School Bus Endorsement. Must have a clean driving record for the previous 60-month period, with no moving violations or at fault accidents in the last 3 years. Must be familiar with operation of modern automotive electronics such as navigation systems, infotainment and Blue Tooth connectivity. Should have knowledge of vehicle components, systems, and operating procedures. Strong technical and mechanical aptitude strongly preferred. Familiarity with current trends in the automotive industry including alternative fuel vehicles (Hybrids, fuel cell, etc.) Ability to learn and operate new vehicle features (e.g., GPS, navigation, infotainment systems, etc.) Attention to detail with the ability to communicate findings both verbally and in writing. Able to contribute to a team environment. Education- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must be able to drive a manual transmission proficiently, as well as an automatic transmission. Ability to pass Drivers Training. Physical Requirements- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Job requires sitting standing, bending, and driving for up to 8 hours on a daily basis. Must be flexible and available to work overtime, and hours outside of normal demands, including weekends and Holidays. Ability to pass DOT Drug Screen and Physical, background check, pre-employment written and driving evaluations.
- Safety- Abides by, promotes and acknowledges all safety practices in keeping with high safety standards.
- Communications- Must provide information and receive feedback in a concise, accurate and detailed manner.
- Dependability- Display ability to successfully and satisfactorily complete assigned tasks.
- Cooperation- Exhibit characteristics of an effective team member focused on a common goal, promotes the development of like qualities in others.
- Initiative and Resourcefulness- Possess initiative to take effective action, anticipate needs and perform in accordance to resources provided.
- Flexibility- Must be willing and able to expand the scope of responsibilities as dependent upon requirements of the business environment.
- Commitment- Able to accept assigned tasks with a quality result as an objective.
- Dedication- Demonstrate the ability to consistently perform all responsibilities with integrity.
- Role Model- Serve as an example for Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Result Oriented- Accomplish performance targets established by Kett and the customer.
If you qualify, please send your resume and apply by visiting Kett's career site via the following link:
The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience.
If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!