CDL A Truck Driver - LOCAL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kett Engineering is looking for an experienced Commercial Truck Driver with a current CDL A to work with us as a full-time, benefitted driver at our customer location in Vancouver, Washington on 2nd shift.
Shift hours are:
2nd shift: 7:00 pm to 6:00 am - Monday to Friday (includes 1hr. lunch)
This position offers a dynamic work environment where the driver is collecting vehicle data that aides the customer in product development. Prescribed routes would be in both the state of Washington and Oregon.
The fleet is composed of tractors and trailers (varying in type) that range from 48’ to 53’.
The typical tasks for a driver in this position would include hooking up the prescribed tractor/trailer combination, performing pre and post trip DVIR’s, driving along the prescribed route and staying within DOT Hours of Service requirements.
Tasks that are required on an as-needed basis:
· Switching tractor/trailers as customer requests come in.
· Talking with customer about issues that have occurred while driving.
· Support over the road trips (typically 1 week in duration) to pick up customer equipment.
· Additional duties as requested.
· Must have a current valid CDL A.
· Must have a minimum of 1 year CDL A driving experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Ability to operate new vehicle features (Ex: GPS, Navigation, ELD (Electronic Logging Device), etc.)
· Must have the ability to communicate both written and verbally.
· Must be able change direction quickly based on customer demands.
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
· All candidates will be required to pass a DOT drug screen, driving test, and background check.
· A strong technical and mechanical aptitude is highly preferred.
· Familiarity with current trends in automotive industry including alternative fuel vehicles (Ex: hybrid, electric, fuel cell, etc.) is highly preferred.
· Must operate tractor-trailer combination in a safe manner in a way that reflects the end customer.
***Experience with Reefers a plus***
***Must be availability to travel if needed for testing***
The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience.
If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!
Established in 1953, Kett Engineering is a leader in the Automotive Test and Personnel Services industry. Our goal is to provide our Automotive and OEM customers with superior service. The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience. If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!
Transportation and Storage
Websitehttp://www.ketteng.com View all jobs at Kett Engineering
Get fresh Class A Cdl Local Truck Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.