Kett Engineering is currently accepting applications and pre-qualifying candidates to be a Test Driver at our facilities in Van Nuys, jCA
Description: Successful candidates will drive and evaluate brake-test vehicles on "real world" test routes, conduct pre-trip safety inspections as required, perform specialized test procedures and document findings on driver report in clear and concise manner. We are looking for good, dependable, and safe drivers to test vehicles and their systems. If you love driving are detail oriented, this may be the perfect job for you.
Starting pay is $17.50 an hour.
-Drivers must have 4 years of verifiable driving experience
-A current California driver's license
-A clean driving record (No moving violations or at-fault accidents in the last 3 years)
-High School Diploma or GED
-Must be able to pass a drug test
-Pass Pre-Employment written and driving tests
-Manual transmission proficiency required
Additional desired qualifications:
-Familiar with current trends in automotive industry and comfortable working with computers
-Ability to learn and operate new vehicle features (Ex: GPS, Navigation, Infotainment systems, etc...)
-Attention to detail with the ability to communicate finding both verbally and in writing
-Able to contribute in a team environment
Job Summary and General Purpose of Position:
An Entry Level Driver follows the direction of Lead Driver/Facility Coordinator. Performs various driving services on vehicles per shift according to customer’s specifications. Represents Kett in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability to drive all schedules certified on, with complete schedule integrity and does so on a consistent basis
- Prepare accurate driver reports and other records on a daily basis, document observations in a clear and concise manner
- Perform related driving/vehicle prep work as assigned. I.e. tire changes, etc.
- Assist with training of drivers
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote overall team effort.
- Focus on meeting and exceeding Kett and customer expectations.
- Responsibilities involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and cooperation.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Kett and customer policies and procedures and Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Ability to complete concise and accurate documentation.
- Promote safety awareness and assure compliance with all safety practices.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are a priority.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Skills and Experience: Must have at 4 years of licensed driving experience and possess a current California driver license. Must have a clean driving record.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Job requires sitting standing, and bending for approximately 6-8 hours on a daily basis. Must pass Department of Transportation physical examination and drug screen
- Safety- Abides by, promotes and acknowledges all safety practices in keeping with high safety standards.
- Communications- Must provide information and receive feedback in a concise, accurate and detailed manner.
- Dependability- Display ability to successfully and satisfactorily complete assigned tasks.
- Cooperation- Exhibit characteristics of an effective team member focused on a common goal, promotes the development of like qualities in others.
- Initiative and Resourcefulness- Possess initiative to take effective action, anticipate needs and perform in accordance to resources provided.
- Flexibility- Must be willing and able to expand the scope of responsibilities as dependent upon requirements of the business environment.
- Commitment- Able to accept assigned tasks with a quality result as an objective.
- Dedication- Demonstrate the ability to consistently perform all responsibilities with integrity.
- Role Model- Serve as an example for Kett’s Vision and Values.
- Result Oriented- Accomplish performance targets established by Kett and the customer.
If you qualify, please send your resume and apply by visiting Kett's career site via the following link:
The strength and success of Kett clearly comes from the people behind the organization. Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, talented and hard working individuals with years of industry experience.
If you have an interest in automotive technology industry, a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed expectations then, we want you on are our team!