Kett Engineering is seeking an Autonomous Vehicle Software/Hardware specialist to work with our customer on an autonomous vehicle program in Sunnyvale, CA.
Job Summary and General Purpose of Position:
The AVSHS is responsible for performing field testing, monitoring AV activity, and advanced troubleshooting issues before, during, and after testing. Tests will include data capture, software deployment, and maintenance as directed by the engineering team.
- Deploy and execute AV tests as directed.
- Understand and stay updated on operational constraints.
- Communicate clearly with AV drivers and operators while operating AV vehicles.
- The most advanced troubleshooting of hardware and software issues.
- Shutdown vehicle onboard computer systems.
- Create trouble tickets for issues as they arise.
- Work in tandem with engineering team to identify but fixes.
- Perform various additional duties as requested.
- Be a leader among all Operators
- Advanced command line experience.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are a priority
- Experience using and troubleshooting Mac, iOS, and Linux operating systems
- Sound troubleshooting skills to determine causes of unexpected issues.
- Maintain composure during unexpected disruptions and frequent changes
- Willingness to work under challenging circumstances and time constraints
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accurate.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the 3 years prior to the contract start date
- Must have a clear driving record including but not limited to:
- No more than 1 point on driving record for 3 years preceding contract start date
- No incidents of any motor vehicle accident causing injury or death to any person.
- No convictions of a DUI or license suspensions or revocations based upon driving or operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any drug in the 10 years prior to the start date.
Education- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but may consider prior work experience in related field. High School Diploma or GED equivalent required at minimum.
Physical Requirements- Must be able to sit in a vehicle for as many as 6 hours per day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Job requires sitting, standing, and bending for approximately 6-8 hours on a daily basis. Must be flexible and able to perform numerous tasks as requested. Must be flexible to work overtime and hours above and beyond normal scheduled hours as needed.
If you qualify, please send your resume and apply by visiting our career site via the following link: