Kett Engineering is seeking an Automotive Technician with 1 to 3 years of experience to work in the emissions lab of a prestigious German auto maker in an R&D environment.
The technician conducts emission tests on vehicles including exhaust emissions, road testing, misc. testing in a climatic chamber. Furthermore, the technician ensures accuracy and conclusiveness of the test results, manages test data, both paper and digital media, and reports all results to the Emissions Lab Manager for further evaluation and feedback. The requirements also include ensuring the accuracy of calibration work on instrumentation of emission test equipment. Operates and controls test cell systems.
• (Work schedule based on business requirements (min. 40 hours / week ) including occasional Saturday and occasional overtime, required 2 Shift operation work hours 6AM – 3PM and or 3PM -12AM ( 6 months out of year PM shift mandatory)
• Often driving a vehicle in dynamometer incl. performance class, special training required.
• Commonly sit at a desk or in test vehicle
• Occasionally walk, stand, or stoop. Occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 pounds.
• 1-3 years of automotive industry experience
• High School Diploma
• Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
• Basic/ intermediate ability with Microsoft Office applications
• Highly organized and dependable
• Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision
• Recent Automotive experience
• Solid knowledge of the English language
• Knowledge of emission testing processes
• Formal Customer Service Training
• Extensive Volkswagen and/or Audi diagnostic experience including VAS testers
• German and/or Spanish language skills
• Proficiency with ALL MS Office applications
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Excellent teamwork ability and strong interpersonal skills
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Problem solving
• Highly motivated self-starter with a high bias for action
• Demonstrates flexibility to work under pressure and multi-task
If you qualify, please send your resume and apply on our career site via the following link: