Field Labourer - Pumping Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Pumping Technician is essential to the execution of routine tasks either on a project site or at a Ketek shop. In a situation to observe and ask questions, this position is vital to the growth of the Projects Team and is an important step toward the employee’s career growth and therefore the enhancement of Ketek’s field team.
Why work for us?!
- 100% Employer funded health, dental, and vision coverage
- Sign-on bonus of $500
- RRSP matching program coming in March
- Competitive wages and flexible vacation
- Contract positions available as well
Project / Field
- Assist with the mobilization, monitoring, troubleshooting and demobilization of: well pumps, diesel pumps, and electric submersible pumps
- Maintain, repair, install, and service: generators, light towers, and heating equipment
- Operate field trucks, loaders and skid steers in a safe manner
- Take instruction from the Site Supervisor or Site Foreman to ensure projects are completed in a safe manner, on time, and on budget
- Assist with the routine maintenance and servicing of equipment in the field
- Use, clean, and maintain the different tools required at the worksite
- Load and unload equipment by hand
- Perform routine onsite housekeeping duties
- Assist and mentor Field Labourers
- Receive, understand and execute instructions from Shop Foreman and senior employees
- Clean equipment and tools
- Disassemble equipment, if needed, to thoroughly clean
- Identify faulty/damaged equipment and/or defective materials and inform supervisor of problem
- Determine the correct type of tools/equipment to be used for a specific task
- Utilize checklists, inspections, work procedures and safety guidelines to complete tasks
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Perform routine housekeeping duties in the shop
- Complete all required paperwork on a daily basis, including hazard assessment and Daily Job Control Sheet
- Cooperate with Training department for scheduling of new/recertification training
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Ensure all Ketek’s work procedures, policies and Occupational Health and Safety regulations are followed
- Represent Ketek in a light that is commensurate with the values of Management and the Corporate Vision and Mission Statements
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and clean driver’s abstract
- High school diploma or GED
- Fluent in the English language (reading, written, spoken)
- Experience working with basic hand tools
- Ability to deal with the public in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent demanding deadlines
- Ability to handle changing schedules and priorities, with high level prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and organizational planning skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Experience towing a trailer
- Experience on oilfield or oilsands sites
- Experience operating a wheel loader and/or skid steer
- Experience in dewatering, well-testing, or water transfer
This position is defined as Safety Sensitive: Drug, Alcohol, Back, and Audio tests are required prior to commencing employment.
- Regularly required to stand/sit, talk/hear, stoop, climb, lift, balance, kneel and use of hands/fingers to operate tools, machinery and materials
- Moderate to heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) may be required
- Use of mechanical aids: overhead crane, forklift, pallet jack, and dolly may be required
- Regular exposure to loud noises and metal particulates - hearing and respiratory protection is provided when needed
- Potential exposure to acetylene gas, fumes, oil, and paint residue
- Exposure to sharp edges, pinch points, trip and slip hazards, and blind spots
- May be required to work in high, precarious places that are near moving parts and/or electrical works or in confined spaces
- Field environment (80%) and shop environment (20%)
- Required to work weekends and outside of regular office hours
- Required to work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and heat
- Required to work away from home for extended periods of time
COVID NOTICE: As more client sites respond to the COVID-19 situation, requirements are growing for either proof of double vaccination status, or rapid testing to be performed every several days if not fully vaccinated. In most cases, the costs of rapid testing may not be covered by client sites, and will not be covered by Ketek Group.
Ketek GroupWhy Work Here?
RRSP, benefits employer funded and opportunity to grow within Ketek.
Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Ketek was founded in 1979 to provide rental equipment to companies operating in Alberta’s oilfields. The company has grown and expanded its expertise and now works with clients in oil and gas, construction, engineering, mining, forestry, and agriculture, as well as with all levels of government. Our core services include water pumping and dewatering, pump maintenance and sales, waste management, custom fabrication, HDPE fusing, electrical services, safety services and transportation. Rentals continue to be central to our operations. We rent generators, pumps, light towers, tanks and much more. Visit ketek.ca/rentals to see the complete lineup. We have nine locations across Western Canada, from Saskatoon to Fort Nelson, to support our operations in the field. Our strength comes from the skills, work ethic, and experience of our employees, and from the relationships, we have built with our business partners over the years.