Event Manager - Contract to Hire (C2H)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for helping to support Kestra Financial’s meeting and event strategy through execution of high impact events that strategically support the organization’s objectives, increase advisor engagement, and empower advisor success. In addition, the person in the role will support the Event Director manage various stages of the planning process though registration site development and implementation, budget management, financial reconciliation, and post event follow-up. This role will also have the opportunity to run some smaller meetings end-to-end point as needed. The candidate will interact with all levels of management and vendor partners. This role will work closely with the marketing team members, who will support each event with customized marketing plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
Event Planning: Help support various aspects of a meeting/event (both in-person and virtual), or incentive trip including working in tandem with the Event Director to execute on meeting goals and objectives. This role will touch several different elements of an event and will work closely with the Director to execute on specific tasks related to event design; administrative tasks and onsite set up; request for proposal (RFP); venue selection; contract negotiation; room block determination; agenda development (logistics); speaker and entertainment selection and contracting; determining travel specifications and working with travel provider to provide air and ground transportation, Destination Management Company selection and contracting, food and beverage design; meeting space design; audio visual requirements; manage meeting on-site; trade show design and management.
Event Registration/Reporting: Manage relationships with Cvent and CrowdCompass. Build out registration websites within Cvent. Be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve any registration website issues. Review participant registration and manage changes including, but not limited to, activity and rooming needs. Create, run and manage reports in relation to each event and registration site.
Event Marketing: Work with the Event Director to create and fulfill supporting documents needed and ensure the appropriate elements are in place to bring optimum value to the attendees. Elements can include writing, ordering event swag, printing name badges, ordering signage, layout of agendas, writing and sending of event communications, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual should have the following skills and abilities:
- Comprehensive management of small, medium and large scale meeting experiences
- Ability to work on multiple meeting and events, in various phases, at once.
- Management, reconciliation and reporting of budgets ranging up to $9M
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft software, particularly Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize among assignments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with different personality traits of meeting hosts and executive management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project Management experience
- Capability to work effectively in deadline situations
- Ability to be creative in solving problems – predictable and unpredictable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team player
- Ability to work a variety of hours during events
- Knowledge of CVENT and CrowdCompass
- Ability to travel up to 35% required
- In-depth knowledge of Zoom and other digital platforms
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree (Associates or Bachelors)
- 7+ years meeting management experience required including incentive meetings (National & International)
- Must have in depth knowledge of Cvent and CrowdCompass
- CMP and/or CMM Designations, or ability to obtain within 1 year
Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services and more.
By applying to a job at Kestra Financial, Inc., you are agreeing to the following statements:
- You acknowledge that if hired, Kestra Financial, Inc. may, obtain and use background information concerning your credit, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, work habits, performance and experience for evaluation for your potential employment.
- It is the policy of Kestra Financial to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kestra Financial prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Kestra Financial