Our service technician is responsible for maintaining all equipment that is installed at customer sites. You are the Company's front line liaison to our customers where he/she maintains a cohesive working relationship between Kern Inc and the Customer. An understanding of the Kern Service Creed is required. This position requires the flexibility to work hourly shifts as directed and able to travel when required.
- Works under the direction of the Site Lead or Service Account Manager to perform preventive and corrective maintenance, either on site or on call.
- Understand the Customer Requirements (Service Level Agreements) and always work towards meeting or exceeding their requirements.
- Understand and react positively to the Voice of the Customer.
- Provide technical support to the Customer if within capabilities of the position expectations or communicate immediate supervisor technical support that is required beyond the position capabilities.
- Perform operator training as needed.
- Orders parts for local inventory and maintain accurate records of usage.
- Maintain a working relationship with customer's operators that focus on output improvements.
- Perform repair of defective parts.
- Respond to all service calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a continuous dialogue with Site Lead or Service Account Manager and the technical support group regarding any machine performance issues as well as operator deficiencies or concerns.
- Associates degree, technical school training, or Military graduate with experience working on electromechanical devices.
- Acceptable electromechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Understanding of electrical and/or mechanical diagrams.
- Possess an understanding of PC hardware, software, and networks.
- Able to work independently in remote locations with minimal guidance.
- Possess a customer service attitude and the ability to communicate directly with the customer.
- Standing, walking, and bending are normal requirements to perform tasks in this job.
- Occasional carrying, lifting, and lowering of items up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional need for working while lying on back to perform maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment of up to 80 dB.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a veteran federal contractor requesting priority veteran applicant referrals. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
While Kern is best known for delivering the fastest production inserting equipment in the world, we have expanded into complete end to end solutions that include: Card Attaching Systems for production workflow of card personalization, Print Finishing Solutions for the automated process of printed material, Production Document Printing for lightning fast inkjet printing, Automated Document Factory System, mail-Factory, which is a comprehensive suite of web enabled software designed to optimize management of a complete production print and mail center, and most recently, Kern EDGE which is a flexible software provided for document workflow, document retrieval and archiving, and much more.
Today, Kern enjoys a global presence with a direct worldwide distribution through 15 subsidiaries and over 60 distribution partners. Our U.S. headquarters has been in Columbus, Ohio for over 20 years with Kern employees throughout the country at field offices and customer sites.
Every Kern system is backed by our Customer Success Guarantee to deliver production grade output, when maintained under a Kern full service maintenance agreement. From premier high speed inserting systems to complete Automated Document Factory Systems, Kern is a global leader in production mail and document management solutions that is truly committed to helping customers succeed.