# Position Information
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
This is a temporary position for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The Kern Community College District is looking for instructor/trainers with experience training sales professionals in our Sales and Marketing Training Program.
Education and Experience
- Five years of related industry experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Prior experience training or teaching is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in sales management desirable.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities
STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Consultative Selling
- Pipeline Management
- CRM Software, is desired
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation.
- Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Job Title: Professional Expert - Sales and Marketing Instructor P/T
Position Number: 01300
Posting Date: 04/15/2015
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Professional Expert
Rate: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour based on expertise and experience
Work Week: Flexible-No more than 20-25 hrs per wk
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown