Environmental Scientist / Assessor
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you like to travel? Would you like to be an essential part of a team that works toward protecting, enhancing and restoring ecosystems? Then consider joining Keres Consulting, Inc. Keres is a general management consulting firm with specialized expertise in real property asset management and sustainability, engineering and the environment, and communication and training. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Albuquerque, NM, Keres is a privately held, Native American-owned corporation certified as a Small Disadvantaged Business and a successful graduate of the U.S. Small Business Administration's 8(a) Business Development Program. Keres serves local and national communities through strategic alliances with industry leading firms while maintaining focus on its mission and strong core values, which include a culture of listening and teamwork - and respect for all employees, customers, and stakeholders.
Keres is looking for a great candidate with the following desirable skills:
• Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science, geology, engineering, or a related field
• 5 years of related experience
• First-hand experience completing environmental sampling activities (required)
• Knowledgeable of federal, state, and local environmental requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Physical requirements: ability to lift 50lbs, and hike to sites
• Travel for this position can include travel to all 50 states
The Environmental Scientist will be responsible for:
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
• Ability to effectively present and or translate information.
• Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e., Microsoft Office).
• Using GPS devices to collect field data
• Preparing ESA reports.
• Complete environmental sampling procedures (soil, sediment, water) to detect contamination
• NEPA Review Process, Phase I ESAs under ATSM e1527-13 Guidelines , AHERA (preferred)
• Dealing with asbestos, lead, mold and other (preferred)
• ArcMap Experience (preferred)
• Government to Government consultation (preferred)
• Experience with Alaska Native/Indian lands and cultures (preferred)
• Dental Insurance
• Health Insurance
• Health Reimbursement Plan
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Professional Development
• Vision Insurance
• 8 Hour Shift
• Monday to Friday
• Remote Availability
• Bachelor’s (Required)
5+ Years of experience in the environmental field and meet the qualifications for Environmental Professional.
Keres Consulting Inc
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?