Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness Center seeks a highly driven and organized Administrative Assistant to work in the Student Support Services Department. A pillar to the function of the Academy, this position interfaces with all team members as well as the Student and Alumni body to ensure smooth functioning of the business daily operations, live classes, asynchronous program offerings and ongoing student support needs.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with administrative software and programs, with superb communication skills. They will be able to take direction as well as work independently, anticipate needs and proactively support fellow team members and customers. This integral role will streamline and collaborate across departments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an administrative capacity in an office setting. Preferred experience in education.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Functions in an organized fashion with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Possess excellent time management skills and can manage simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently.
- Confident in streamlining workflow across departments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Proficient with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets), admin software and CRM.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Assist with internal communications, scheduling, meeting organization and general team correspondence.
- Assist Student Services team with customer service including answering the phone, checking messages and responding to email inquiries.
- Maintain and organize academy records, including student files.
- Prepare and distribute documents for academy functions with outside vendors, contractors and student relations.
- Generate and maintain reports tracking student progress.
- Oversee student events and classes, including staff communications, documentation, personnel coordination and facility management.
- Maintain student materials such as course syllabi, catalogs, schedules, online materials and video class recordings, in coordination with Sales & Marketing Department.
- Submit student manual requests and oversee shipping.
- Collaborate with academy team to ensure all course content and materials are updated and electronic materials function properly.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Student Services Manager or Academy Manager.