Kentwood Powder Coat Inc. is an exciting, fast paced company that brings leading edge powder coating technology to the automotive, heavy industrial equipment, motorcycle and office furniture industries. We are seeking an experienced energetic Customer Service Specialist to join our cross functional team.
The Customer Service Specialist will support the manufacturing team by thoroughly executing their role in the overall order fulfillment process to exceed customer expectations. The candidate will be responsible for the daily management of assigned customer orders providing scheduling input, monitoring daily production schedules and tracking the flow of inventory in and out of the facility.
- Primary contact person for the customers you are assigned to. Provides quick response and follow-up to all customer inquiries through phone and/or email communication.
- Basic knowledge / understanding of ERP systems for order entry and tracking, working closely with manufacturing to ensure orders ship to meet customer requirements.
- Handle all forms of customer inquiries and requests, quality complaints and/or returns.
- Maintain and update customer master files, including specifications, correspondence and pricing to ensure up to date information.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This position requires an inclusive, articulate, professional thinker, willing to make good and quick decisions on customer matters.
- A team-oriented player with a commitment to excellence, and willing to put forth extra effort to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Superior communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work assignments
- Able to multi task with little direction from management
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 5 to 7 years Customer Service experience working closely with customers in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge and understanding of Lean, H&S and 5S concepts preferred