Kentucky Blood Center Inc Lexington, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Network Administrator to join the Kentucky Blood Center IT team. The role will maintain the overall operations of the organization’s network environment by monitoring, troubleshooting and implementing changes or repairs in complex Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and data communications equipment in a multi-site environment. Reports to the Vice President of Information Technology.
- Designs and maintains firewall, router and switch configurations, and manages configuration backups.
- Maintains overall network performance by evaluating availability, utilization and throughput by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network related equipment.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains secure site-to-site VPN communications in a multi-site environment via public infrastructure.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains a secure network environment using industry standard techniques and guidance.
- Designs and establishes virtual networks in a virtual host environment.
- Designs and maintains wireless infrastructures.
- Installs and terminates cabling infrastructure according to TIA568A/B standards.
- Assists in defining network policies and procedures.
- Responsible for network systems regarding compliance with regulations that affect its use.
- Troubleshoots problems with the network and network attached peripherals.
- Assists IT team members with connectivity related problems.
- Responsible for maintaining network monitoring and configuration software.
- Responsible for maintaining network hardware related support agreements.
- Maintains telephone cross-connects, VoIP telephone systems and related telephone infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation and overall IT support.
A minimum of an Associate Degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience managing a network infrastructure in an enterprise multi-location environment. Industry certification (CCNA, CompTIA Network+, etc.) is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate must have the ability to diagnose and solve complex network issues logically and consistently, must be a solutions-oriented network expert, with a general understanding of core IT functions and interactions, as well as industry trends. The individual should demonstrate a commitment to information security practices and internal customer service, with a consistent dedication to the organization’s mission. Position will require occasional in-state travel.
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability/Cancer Insurance/Accident Insurance/Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts/Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Employee Assistance Program/Retirement Savings Plan