The Medical Assistant II (MA II) performs back-office duties under the direction of a physician to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. Responsibilities include obtaining patient history, vital signs and assisting physician in performing simple office procedures as trained. May also perform front-office duties necessary for the efficient day-to-day operation of an outpatient physician office practice. Mentor and train staff in the Medical Assistant I position. Position contains complex functions (i.e. injections, castings, suture removal)
Minimum Education and Experience:
Requires a HS diploma or GED. Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program; or three (3) years of
experience as a Medical Assistant in lieu of degree performing patient histories, vital signs and simple office
procedures. Must have one (1) year of Medical Assistant experience to include obtaining patient history, vital signs and
simple office medical procedures. Must have basic computer literacy. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
preferred. Must have a current BLS certification. Medical Assistant (MA) Certification preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written. Full command of the English language.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical procedures
- Knowledge of referrals and authorizations, and basic insurance
- Must possess good work ethics
- Ability to be flexible
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.