Project Manager III
- Posted: over a month ago
Project Manager III - Public Building Service Region 8
The Project Manager III is responsible for customer satisfaction and overall project management of multiple design and construction projects, including the design and construction of projects and renovation of government space within existing buildings. Assigned projects are primarily those estimated at over the prospective level.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field and/or ten ( 10) years of experience in design and management of construction projects.
- Requires knowledge of and skill sufficient to direct the application of the latest developments in building design and construction and in solving problems not readily treated by accepted methods.
- Requires knowledge of project management; architecture and engineering concepts, principles, and practices; and the ability to read construction documents, prepare construction schedules, prepare construction cost estimates, and write clear scopes of work and specifications.
- Good interpersonal skills are required when working with a diverse team consisting of the customer, contract specialist, contractor, financial manager, and other stakeholders.
- The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the team members and stakeholders participate efficiently and effectively to achieve the common goal of completing a successful construction project.
- Comparable Federal Grade Level: GS-13
- Masters in a related field.
Working Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for overall management of construction projects from the preliminary planning stage through design, construction, commissioning, and building occupancy.
- Duties encompass broad managerial responsibilities such as planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating, reviewing, and approving design, construction and related work.
- The project manager is responsible for establishing a scope of work with a customer, preparing a government estimate using the government's estimating software, managing a project schedule, and for procuring services, with a government contracting specialist, from contractors and architecVengineering (AJE) firms.
- Acts as the "on-site" construction manager or inspector for projects performing day-to-day construction management duties.
- Responsible for resolving complex problems or conflicts impeding progress, and for assuring that contractors and agency staff work effectively toward timely completion of projects within an established budget.
- Individual may be required to perform travel in conjunction with site visits and progress reviews on project locations or to attend National, Regional, and local conferences, seminars, and meetings.
- Please provide a resume to include the duties and responsibilities performed for each previously held position.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Kent, Campa and Kate Incorporated (KCK) is an equal opportunity employer. KCK does not discriminate against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, and local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Kent, Campa and Kate Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Kent, Campa and Kate Inc.