IL Activities Asst
Kensington Senior Living, LLC Kensington, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shift - Friday, Saturday, and Monday
The Activities Assistant shall assist the Resident Service Coordinator with the development, organization, and coordination of available facility and community resources to provide the highest quality ongoing program of activities. The program will be designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident in the Independent Living neighborhoods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities that are specifically designed to enrich the lives of the Independent Living residents. Assists with the development of the monthly calendars.
- Develops and leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and clean up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
- Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining the history of monthly activities calendars, transportation logs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the Independent Living neighborhood and with other departments of the community. Cooperates with other departments in meeting the needs of the residents.
- Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards, and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
- Assists the Director of Activities- IL and AL with evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual resident needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
- Attends resident/family council meetings and proactively encourages and supports residents’ rights.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Kensington Senior Living, LLC
TourismView all jobs at Kensington Senior Living, LLC