Kensington Furniture is a 108 year old, 4th generation family business. We are local, Jersey strong, serving multiple generations of customers. During these unprecedented days we continue to seek & cultivate a safe work place where hard work, grit, and innovation are rewarded. A place that feels like a work family.
The expectations of this role are:
- Provide superior customer service in every situation. Go above and beyond advocating for every customer opportunity and request.
- Partner with ownership, sales, and operations team members to ensure that our vision of enhancing the customer shopping experience is realized.
- Display initiative to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Consistently demonstrate professional verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Multi- task within a fast paced service environment.
- Manage time to ensure completion of daily sales, delivery and inventory reports, cash deposits, and weekly payroll reconciliations.
- Provide responsive communication of information to the owner, associates and customers.
- Proactively resolve escalated customer issues.
- Able to identify opportunities and find solutions for continuous improvement
- Problem-solve, organize and balance multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain composure when handling unexpected challenges and competing demands.
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Minimum three years' management experience in a customer service or retail environment.
- Proficient in PC-based applications.
- Leadership Skills Required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule that includes nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Generous Merchandise Discount
- Kensington Furniture is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.
Why Work Here?Kensington Furniture is a leader in in the Southern New Jersey market and very much views itself as a old, young in spirit company. It's all about making for an exceptional, better than the rest customer experience. We have served our customers for 108 years. To thrive we must adapt to the way customers shop today- both on line & in store. We must delight and grow our clients . At Kensington, this starts with a team environment comprised of diverse individuals who share the these values.
local, family business, with generations of customers, year of year increases in store customers in the store